Delisted #17 Will Gould

Remove this Banner Ad

ALYwsQmF.jpg

Will Gould

Player Profile

A hard-running key defender departed South Australian club Glenelg for the Sydney Swans at the 2019 AFL Draft, joining the club via pick 26. Will Gould averaged 21.5 disposals, 4.5 marks and 7.2 rebound 50s per match as South Australia’s captain in the 2019 AFL Under-18 Championships, a glowing campaign resulting in back-to-back All Australian selection. He also averaged 19.7 possessions, 5.2 marks and 6.5 rebound 50s per match for Glenelg in 2019, while he recorded a match-high eight rebound 50s in his side’s SANFL Grand Final victory over Port Adelaide.

Will Gould

DOB: 14 January 2001
DRAFT: 2019
RECRUITED FROM: Glenelg (SANFL)

Last edited:

Really good interview. Shame it never worked out for Will as I always thought he was a good country bloke. Missed R1 not sure why. Hopefully he has a good year.

Thanks for putting that up. Just a fine fella. Did not know he had been studying to be a Primary School teacher. Good on him. Nice he and James Bell are playing together again.

I reckon he will be a legend in the SANFL.

Will Gould playing tonight for Glenelg against Norwood streamed on AFL website

Gould and James Bell playing for Glenelg. Matt Ling playing for Norwood.

Last edited:
... and just noticed in the line-ups Matt Ling is playing for Norwood.

EDIT: and Daryn Cresswell's son Jake for Norwood too

So Gould kicked a second later on but I was pretty disappointed by his showing. Spent the game at CHF/FF, couple of fair contested marks but got outbodied late on by a bloke that looked like a jockey on the wing when it was desperately needed by Glenelg . If he was overweight here, can't imagine how they'd describe him now and left the field early with cramps..
Ling always looks like a footballer and seems to have filled out nicely, but that left boot, already being raved about by the SANFL commentators, let him down as often as it impressed.
Young Cresswell was quite impressive for the winners. Second most possies playing up and down both flanks. Not overly quick but assured and effective.
Didn't follow that closely in Crezza's day but, as a meathead rugby player, hard not to be impressed by the kneecap thing. Once I found the young bloke, he was easy to recognise for his likeness to Dad.

So Gould kicked a second later on but I was pretty disappointed by his showing. Spent the game at CHF/FF, couple of fair contested marks but got outbodied late on by a bloke that looked like a jockey on the wing when it was desperately needed by Glenelg . If he was overweight here, can't imagine how they'd describe him now and left the field early with cramps..
Ling always looks like a footballer and seems to have filled out nicely, but that left boot, already being raved about by the SANFL commentators, let him down as often as it impressed.
Young Cresswell was quite impressive for the winners. Second most possies playing up and down both flanks. Not overly quick but assured and effective.
Didn't follow that closely in Crezza's day but, as a meathead rugby player, hard not to be impressed by the kneecap thing. Once I found the young bloke, he was easy to recognise for his likeness to Dad.

Great admirer of Crezza as a skilled and gutsy player. His lad was considered a draft prospect. Still young and seemingly skilled and clever enough to get a gig, maybe even MSD. Seems to have a big tank.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back