Current 17yo Driver Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like the kid was a total loose cannon. On bail for 50 unrelated charges when he drug drove a stolen vehicle 😬

I’m sure there’ll be more info forthcoming but this looks preventable.

Didn't he just get bail too (for this crime)

Also how charged with murder. I'm fairly sure there wasn't intent to kill the couple

With such a piece of trash Dad, there was little hope for this guy. And the Dad's dad was probably a piece of trash too

Last edited:
He wasn't able to apply for bail due to the nature of these new charges, thankfully.

Think I read it wrong where he was possibly on bail for previous stuff

What to expect

what do you get for running over one person, attempting to run over another.......then running over a police officer and then considering running over three more police officers............whilst drunk blowing 0.192...........on your second DUI offence?

ANSWER: 175 community service, 18 months suspension of licence and a suspended sentence

CONCLUSION: It is completely acceptable

I personally dont think that media attention will effect any charges or sentencing. The so called criminal justice system at these level of charges relies on the prosecutors charging him with what can be proved and the ability for a Jury to convict.

Unfortunately in this case I agree with Power Raid , the prosecutors likely to drop the charges to manslaughter.

Utterly heinous act and agree with all the sentiment in the posts in this thread on being on bail even when facing over 50 charges.

This has a good read on what is facing convicting him for murder (not withstanding his age of 17)...

https://www.gotocourt.com.au/criminal-law/qld/murder-manslaughter/
Sadly, you're probably correct. I was optimistically drunk last night.

Politicians don't get it: we don't want to see them at memorials laying wreaths we want them to do their job and change legislation so that innocent people are protected

I get the idea that prison systems often lead to institutionalizing kids and making them better criminals. Thus I agree prison may not best the best solution.

However, a 4 to 6 year term (no different to the military) in a "positive" work camp on a farm, rehabilitating a national park in central Australia, manning an island like Ashore reef, working on a ship and other work environments where they are removed from society but doing something positive.

Then if they complete their work sentence, they must complete an apprenticeship or appropriate skill.

By the time men are 33, they start to mature and are less likely to re-offend. Even more so when they hit 40.

Unfortunately we must invest in our weakest parts of society and dickheads like this, are exactly who we need to invest in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back