Current 17yo Driver Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

A 17 year old kid has been charged with murder after a double fatality car crash.

This is horrific and a totally preventable tragedy most likely.

A 17 year old kid has been charged with murder after a double fatality car crash.

This is horrific and a totally preventable tragedy most likely.

this is what you get when we accept it is OK to take drugs and turn up to work or get behind the wheel of a car

why we don't have jail sentences for this and mandatory daily drug testing for life, for those prosecuted, is beyond me.

Seems like the kid was a total loose cannon. On bail for 50 unrelated charges when he drug drove a stolen vehicle 😬

I’m sure there’ll be more info forthcoming but this looks preventable.

sounds like a Mk2 of the dickhead who ran over the pedestrians in Melbourne

Poor kid....... 50 charges, drug fk'd, stolen vehicle, kills someone.......but someone think of how hard his upbringing was!

We need to act and intervene earlier and place people into appropriate care programs. Unfortunately we wait for something like this to happen, when it's all too late.

Melbourne - 6 dead - drugs

Sydney - 4 dead - driving under influence (I recall drugs)

Sydney - 2 dead - drugs

add to that the SUV killing 2 (drugs)

and the 4 dead cops and the drug fkd truck driver

Absolute disgrace a normal hard working nice couple killed by a worthless grub who was a drain on society, probably the child of other dead beats and was looked after by the legal system for years and this is the end result: the soft magistrates have blood on their hands

There is so much focus on his age being 17, yet to me this is not the issue. As we will always draw the line on age somewhere.

For me, the issue is drugs. I'm not anti-drugs but I'm anti drugs behind the wheel or in the work place.

This is an easy issue to fix but there just needs to be the will of the electorate. Alternatively we can consider this outcome, as acceptable.

There is so much focus on his age being 17, yet to me this is not the issue. As we will always draw the line on age somewhere.

For me, the issue is drugs. I'm not anti-drugs but I'm anti drugs behind the wheel or in the work place.

This is an easy issue to fix but there just needs to be the will of the electorate. Alternatively we can consider this outcome, as acceptable.
Criminal age should be lowered to 16 for crimes like this. Murder, rape, child abuse, animal abuse and manslaughter “with intent”. Really wtf?

Those are all very very malicious acts with complete cruelty & domination being the only object.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue is the countless chances this loser received from the magistrates,when there is no consequences for their actions things escalate until innocent people bear the brunt of their actions as has happened in this case

The issue is the countless chances this loser received from the magistrates,when there is no consequences for their actions things escalate until innocent people bear the brunt of their actions as has happened in this case
Couldn't agree more. The problem with showing leniency to these types is that it has a flow on effect to the rest of the community, who usually pay the price.

Criminal age should be lowered to 16 for crimes like this. Murder, rape, child abuse, animal abuse and manslaughter “with intent”. Really wtf?

Those are all very very malicious acts with complete cruelty & domination being the only object.

Guarantee the charge won’t be murder but dropped to manslaughter (no intent)

The issue here is drugs and a soft legal system. If you have 50 charges outstanding of anything higher than a parking fine, automatic jail time with the control of a first court hearing.

Guarantee the charge won’t be murder but dropped to manslaughter (no intent)

The issue here is drugs and a soft legal system. If you have 50 charges outstanding of anything higher than a parking fine, automatic jail time with the control of a first court hearing.
Love your posting bruv ... but I reckon, given the media attention, the lad will get it harsh

Hope im right and you're wrong xx

In developments that will shock absolutely no one, apparently his dad is a convicted ice importer who got into trouble once for waving a machete at another driver in a road incident.
* me.... you would get short odds on that.

Pieces of s**t, both of them

Love your posting bruv ... but I reckon, given the media attention, the lad will get it harsh

He didn’t run the pedestrians over, rather he hit a tow truck and bounced off.

At best they’ll get him for manslaughter but only because of the media attention.

Then on appeal he’ll only get done for reckless or negligent driving causing death.

In developments that will shock absolutely no one, apparently his dad is a convicted ice importer who got into trouble once for waving a machete at another driver in a road incident.

Ok after the second appeal, reckless driving causing death will be reduced to failing to stop to render assistance after the court hears this sob story.

The laws that civilians are held to account should be applied to magistrates and parole boards. That is if death in the work place occurs due to actions or inaction, the directors can face criminal prosecution.

We will then see magistrates and parole boards better assess the risk they place on society.

I personally dont think that media attention will effect any charges or sentencing. The so called criminal justice system at these level of charges relies on the prosecutors charging him with what can be proved and the ability for a Jury to convict.

Unfortunately in this case I agree with Power Raid , the prosecutors likely to drop the charges to manslaughter.

Utterly heinous act and agree with all the sentiment in the posts in this thread on being on bail even when facing over 50 charges.

This has a good read on what is facing convicting him for murder (not withstanding his age of 17)...

https://www.gotocourt.com.au/criminal-law/qld/murder-manslaughter/

The laws that civilians are held to account should be applied to magistrates and parole boards. That is if death in the work place occurs due to actions or inaction, the directors can face criminal prosecution.

We will then see magistrates and parole boards better assess the risk they place on society.

I know of a Parole Officer here in QLD, and this person is a complete narcissist themselves and is a complete manipulator in their personal life. I understand small sample size of 1, but how can even 1 person be controlling these cretins on whether they are allowed back out on the street...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back