18 A, Season 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

i went to watch a local WRFL 18's a game a couple of weeks ago sunshine vs hoppers crossing and i witnessed one of the most dismal performance display by an individual i have ever seen in the game of football. number 23 for sunshine was just the softest player on the field by far and only had one disposal up to half time and finished with 3 for the match consisting of 2 clangers. even just in general play he was quite soft and really unwilling to go in hard for the ball, he was really the most pathetic excuse for a footballer i have seen. he should quit while he is ahead he is a disgrace to the game of football he is the worst footballer i have seen in my 20 years of coaching at an A grade level he is making the A division look like a joke. :thumbsu:

i went to watch a local WRFL 18's a game a couple of weeks ago sunshine vs hoppers crossing and i witnessed one of the most dismal performance display by an individual i have ever seen in the game of football. number 23 for sunshine was just the softest player on the field by far and only had one disposal up to half time and finished with 3 for the match consisting of 2 clangers. even just in general play he was quite soft and really unwilling to go in hard for the ball, he was really the most pathetic excuse for a footballer i have seen. he should quit while he is ahead he is a disgrace to the game of football he is the worst footballer i have seen in my 20 years of coaching at an A grade level he is making the A division look like a joke. :thumbsu:
Um, not sure why you mentioned one player....Sunshine kicked one goal for the whole game that day and were held scoreless after quarter time! Their whole team made A division look like a joke.

i didn't feel the need to talk about the whole team. Number 23's perfromance just dragged down the whole team. when sunshine played Altona the first time they only lost by 40 points but this time number 23 played and they got belted due to his lack of skill and commitment to the hard ball and thats what footy is all about in my opinion. :)

well this years Div one U18 comp has turned into one big flop now hasn't it? with it only looking like a 3 horse race with Hoppers Crossing , Altona & St.Allbans up there, And with Spotswood and Albion fighting it out or the Fourth spot ! i have watched some games this year and the Hoppers boyzto me look sharp and same as the boyz down at altona playing some good football this year will be hard to pick a winner out of the two on any given day guess it will just come down to who wont's it more .
but i wont count St.Albans out of it just yet.

the W.R F.L should really look at the two U18 Divisions and maybe bring up Point Cook & Deer Park and drop North Footscray & Sunshine H, just to make it more intresting.

i go to the footy on weekend cuz i love are composition i think we have some really good players with some even better talent and this is way i watch the U18's cuz there's kids will be the heart and soul of the W.R F.L once day , but i was down at the Altona Vs Spotswood to watch the seiners and reserves but go there to watch the 18s have a kick and looked like it as going to be a good game in-till Altona got on top of them, i thought well this will be a good game after half time. ill spotty come out and turn it up a knot and try and get back into the game? ...instead they come out and played dirty football and by the sounds of it that's the instructions off the coach ! Top Job coach !! i can see that getting you and your team somewhere pptthh cant beat them on the scoreboard..well just beat them !! is this the new slogan down at spotty??

i went to watch a local WRFL 18's a game a couple of weeks ago sunshine vs hoppers crossing and i witnessed one of the most dismal performance display by an individual i have ever seen in the game of football. number 23 for sunshine was just the softest player on the field by far and only had one disposal up to half time and finished with 3 for the match consisting of 2 clangers. even just in general play he was quite soft and really unwilling to go in hard for the ball, he was really the most pathetic excuse for a footballer i have seen. he should quit while he is ahead he is a disgrace to the game of football he is the worst footballer i have seen in my 20 years of coaching at an A grade level he is making the A division look like a joke.

i didn't feel the need to talk about the whole team. Number 23's perfromance just dragged down the whole team. when sunshine played Altona the first time they only lost by 40 points but this time number 23 played and they got belted due to his lack of skill and commitment to the hard ball and thats what footy is all about in my opinion.:thumbsu:

[ Footyman: Um, not sure why you mentioned one player....Sunshine kicked one goal for the whole game that day and were held scoreless after quarter time! Their whole team made A division look like a joke.]

WoW that's pretty harsh. After 20 years of coaching at an a A grade level, and i doubt that you had any success, I would have thought that you would be looking at positives for the game and encouraging kids to continue playing football instead of waiting a 'couple of weeks' to get on here and bag one individual. Maybe he is not 'champion' or maybe he just can't play football, but he is out there. How many of your stars that you coached are still participating. Then again maybe he's not after your tirade. You so annoy me with your knobhead comments. So how is Hugh Millity going at Altona. You were even to stupid to realise that the follow up comment from footyman was aimed at, not the kid, but Sunshine and WRFL

well this years Div one U18 comp has turned into one big flop now hasn't it?
Absolutely.

Total farce when you have North Footscray forfeiting as they did on the weekend, on top of Colts and Glenorden not fielding sides.

In their last three games, Sunshine have kicked one goal, one goal and two goals.

Hopefully Deer Park come up to Div 1 next year at senior level, that will automatically bring up the U18s.

[ Footyman: Um, not sure why you mentioned one player....Sunshine kicked one goal for the whole game that day and were held scoreless after quarter time! Their whole team made A division look like a joke.]

WoW that's pretty harsh. After 20 years of coaching at an a A grade level, and i doubt that you had any success, I would have thought that you would be looking at positives for the game and encouraging kids to continue playing football instead of waiting a 'couple of weeks' to get on here and bag one individual. Maybe he is not 'champion' or maybe he just can't play football, but he is out there. How many of your stars that you coached are still participating. Then again maybe he's not after your tirade. You so annoy me with your knobhead comments. So how is Hugh Millity going at Altona. You were even to stupid to realise that the follow up comment from footyman was aimed at, not the kid, but Sunshine and WRFL

Mate, we arnt talking about U10 level footy, this is U18's, you should be able to critisize a player for not being hard at it. It is under the senior football bracket and if critisism cant be taken the player shouldnt be playing A grade level. If they cant go in for a hard ball they should consider a lower grade football or a non-contact sport eg. golf. The U18's at sunshine have some qaulity players but players such as number 23 bring down the teams performance and opposing teams can take advantage of his dismal ability:)

wow man i bet you feel tough picking on a someone who is under the age of 18 i bet you didnt allways have a great game. anyway everyone has to start somewhere you have to give a player a chance you ever think that it was his first game u18s or that his been out of the game due to injury and needs to get some confidence back. I Would like to add thier is no i in team, games arnt won or lost due to a single player and also you dont win flags in july dont write off the other teams no matter wat the scoreboard says its anyones game

wow man i bet you feel tough picking on a someone who is under the age of 18 i bet you didnt allways have a great game. anyway everyone has to start somewhere you have to give a player a chance you ever think that it was his first game u18s or that his been out of the game due to injury and needs to get some confidence back. I Would like to add thier is no i in team, games arnt won or lost due to a single player and also you dont win flags in july dont write off the other teams no matter wat the scoreboard says its anyones game

Actually mate he is 18 years old, he also isnt injured because he has played most games this year. Also it isnt his first game or first year of U18's he has playd 9 games this year all being dismal in perfromance. ive watched 4 of them and he has never done anything special let alone touch the ball. Number 2 on the other hand is a great player for Sunshine has a good set of hands and is very efficent by foot probably their best player other then number 9 who is a very hard player. Number 23 should take a page out of number 9's book and play a bit more like him and then he might actually be a decent player other then that i find him soft as butter.

Altona will win even though there missing players, spotty will win over Albion
The wrfl is getting crap every year!
Agree.

Altona to beat St Albans, and Spotty to beat Albion.

Two best teams in the comp are Altona and Hoppers, a two horse race for the flag.

A bit unfortunate for St Albans that talented youngster Keenan O'Shea is ineligible for the U18s finals, poor kid played a senior game too many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Altona out in straight sets again haha!!!

could very well be the case!!
Altona looked shocked to be out there and St.A played there best game of the year, (33) Sosnowski played a blinder of a game as did (11) Panetas think he kicked 5!
let see how Altona can go next week ! hope this lose is a wake up call to them all that its not going to be a walk over !
and that you are going to have to work harder for it now that its finals :thumbsu:

mate altona are the biggest bunch of stains walking the planet. s**t bunch of footballers, all just rats really. if they win the flag the competition has been the biggest waste of a year. do not deserve it at all. should of gone out in straight sets to spotty last week but were very very lucky. they s**t themselves when st albans came at them in their first final, and played like little scared girls after that. bunch of stains. all that can be said.

We have to wait and see this weekend.

OK guys whats are tips for this weeks 18A G/F Hoppers Crossing Vs Altona ?

who are the key players for both sides that we should look out for and who will get the B.O.G

What a Game this weeks U18a GF will be, dont know much about Altona, except the FF Irving Can play.
The hoppers boys are ready to go, players such as M.Poland, B.Humphreys and not to Mention Big Tommy coming out of the Goal Square.

Hoppers by about 30 points.

Looks like HCFC have approximatley 60 Players to choose from for their 2 Under 18 sides, pre season has been enormous. Players have come from several clubs to be part of the success. By all reports both sides will be full of talent, could we see one club win both the U18a and Under 18B divisions in the same year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back