Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

3yrs without playing senior football?
No club worth their salt will touch him
Well ok maybe one.
View attachment 832539

2 years?

Knee 2019, 2020 retired, 2021 playing?

Personally if he's going to make a return I think it will be after the bye or thereabouts.

Play the back half of 2020 and all of 2021, then retire at 32. Get another 30-40 games out of him.

They are wrong then!

In Australia you need to be legally separated for 12 months before you can file for and complete a divorce!

I would know, because my fiance had to divorce her ex and change her name :D
they have no intention of getting back together and a divorce is in progress = no going back = divorce confirmed

they have no intention of getting back together and a divorce is in progress = no going back = divorce confirmed

Hogwash!

No divorce can be in progress until they are separated for 12+ months.

And even then many couples just stay separated instead of going through divorce - however given that Rance has $$$ I suspect they will go down this route.

All conjecture until then and like they say, nothing is final until it's in writing :)

Isn't the word they separated mid year last year anyway....

So maybe everything is ready to go as soon as the 12 month marker hits???

They did sell their Brighton home a lot earlier than officially announcing their separation.

The other thing you can do is backdate your separation on the paperwork to expedite the divorce - but you just need to make sure you aren't putting your foot in it with the government/ATO/Centrelink etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hogwash!

No divorce can be in progress until they are separated for 12+ months.

And even then many couples just stay separated instead of going through divorce - however given that Rance has $$$ I suspect they will go down this route.

All conjecture until then and like they say, nothing is final until it's in writing :)
You can do a financial settlement at any time you like. In fact, I would assume nearly all divorces have a financial settlement long before divorce. I should know, I did my financial settlement years before filing the actual divorce papers.

Lol funnily enough I could see him at a club like Gold Coast. An opportunity to help a floundering club try and get off the ground, you just know Rance would be interested in something like that.

Having said that I hope, if he comes back, that it’s to us.

I highly doubt he steps out of retirement though. Seems to enjoy working with his students and writing his books at the moment.
Tom Green for Rance

You can do a financial settlement at any time you like. In fact, I would assume nearly all divorces have a financial settlement long before divorce. I should know, I did my financial settlement years before filing the actual divorce papers.

Yep, much easier to divorce if you all agree on everything too haha. Significantly cheaper as well.

Problem for a guy like Rance is that if she won't take what he's offering all she has to do is file for divorce with a lawyer and boom they're in court.

If Rance needed the money he would have asked for it from RFC though...so something tells me they're either settled or not in a nasty dispute.

Therefore there's no reason to suspect an imminent divorce unless you can't stand that person. Once the money is out of the way it's just a legal status!

Yep, much easier to divorce if you all agree on everything too haha. Significantly cheaper as well.

Problem for a guy like Rance is that if she won't take what he's offering all she has to do is file for divorce with a lawyer and boom they're in court.

If Rance needed the money he would have asked for it from RFC though...so something tells me they're either settled or not in a nasty dispute.

Therefore there's no reason to suspect an imminent divorce unless you can't stand that person. Once the money is out of the way it's just a legal status!

Divorce is messy and a person going through this needs support , Richmond Football Club is doing just that
at an arms length but here when he needs us.

he has alot of close friends and support at the club and not just players but staff and support staff also

Financial settlement and divorce are two separate events. As is working out kids. The actual divorce is just $600 an a piece of paper signed by 2 people, that can’t be submitted until after 12 months separation. So almost always the separation details have been finalised before the actual divorce form is sent in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back