Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

RobsJourney

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey Tigers,
Up late, a little tipsy, and something is making me anxious.

So I wanted to ask people's opinion.
Do you think Rance will stay or go?

I get worried as apparently he is delaying talks.
Definitely hoping he stays, very important and surely, surely he loves Melbourne life!

As I said in the Free Agents thread, Rance is IMO the most important free agent that we need to target. I am pleased to read this morning that he is likely to sign a 3-4 year deal early in the season and usually when this information makes the media it proves to be pretty much correct when it comes to our players.

Hey Tigers,
Up late, a little tipsy, and something is making me anxious.

So I wanted to ask people's opinion.
Do you think Rance will stay or go?

I get worried as apparently he is delaying talks.
Definitely hoping he stays, very important and surely, surely he loves Melbourne life!

He can delay talks all he wants but the reality is that what ever he gets offered by another club we'll have the oppertunity to match it becuase he's a restricted free agent.

tigerwill

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
What if he doesn't get along with his sister?
Freo might have set this all up.

Stig would have said "his sister is over for a visit" (Stig code for can't wait till she heads back west)
But he said
His sister has moved over too.

Which is actually Stig code for "they're as close as cojoined twins."
Geez mate learn to read between the lines

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Stig would have said "his sister is over for a visit" (Stig code for can't wait till she heads back west)
But he said

Which is actually Stig code for "they're as close as cojoined twins."
Geez mate learn to read between the lines
I see it the other way.Stig code is Alex can't stand her.

theflea

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 16, 2010
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
As I said in the Free Agents thread, Rance is IMO the most important free agent that we need to target. I am pleased to read this morning that he is likely to sign a 3-4 year deal early in the season and usually when this information makes the media it proves to be pretty much correct when it comes to our players.
I'd like to know where this idea is he has put off talks? It seems the author is contradicting himself.

I'd like to know where this idea is he has put off talks? It seems the author is contradicting himself.

Eastern states AFL clubs brace for West Coast Eagles, Fremantle Dockers player raids

"EASTERN states AFL clubs have instigated strict border control policies as they move to stop a possible exodus of expatriate WA stars at the end of the 2015 season.

All-Australian defender Alex Rance is the latest big man target in Fremantle’s now annual assault to win a ready-made key position replacement for veteran superstars Matthew Pavlich and Luke McPharlin.

Rance, out of contract with Richmond at the end of the season, continues to delay talks on a new deal, leaving the full-back open to approaches from Dockers management to consider a move back to his home state after six seasons and 107 games at the Tigers.

Rance, 25, is tipped to stay with the rising Tigers with a new three to four-year deal early into the new playing season, but a delay in talks has fuelled prospects that he could leave."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...ers-player-raids/story-e6frf3e3-1227188147495

I think he'll stay. It's just a beat up to fill space in the offseason.

Back