Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

well at least Rancy still helping out Balta (pre GF)

If he is going to come back then announce it. Otherwise move on, thanks for your service Alex. We would love for you to come back at some stage maybe as a coach, but now we take different roads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we trade him?

Can’t see why not if you had a taker. He remains on our list and is not contracted beyond whatever date this years contracts end. But other clubs trade uncontracted players they have on their list.

He can of course elect as an uncontracted player to nominate for the draft, which would seem nuts, so unlikely unless the Crows have offered him a king’s ransom.

If we list him I presume we have to give him a minimal contract at least to stay on the list. If we delist him post the trade period I guess clubs can pick him up as a delisted free agent. Maybe the Cats are angling to do something like that. If Richmond has any inkling of this we should just burn the list spot, pay him $80k or whatever and keep everyone honest. I presume it is open to us to do that.

Can’t see why not if you had a taker. He remains on our list and is not contracted beyond whatever date this years contracts end. But other clubs trade uncontracted players they have on their list.

He can of course elect as an uncontracted player to nominate for the draft, which would seem nuts, so unlikely unless the Crows have offered him a king’s ransom.

If we list him I presume we have to give him a minimal contract at least to stay on the list. If we delist him post the trade period I guess clubs can pick him up as a delisted free agent. Maybe the Cats are angling to do something like that. If Richmond has any inkling of this we should just burn the list spot, pay him $80k or whatever and keep everyone honest. I presume it is open to us to do that.

Sounds familiar to when Essendon delisted Watson and the eagles selected him for a year
couldnt convince him to play

I know the tongue is firmly planted in the cheek but he isn't coming back.

If you made a thread he probably would
I do have magical powers

Should I make a 2021 will be our easiest spoon for a laff and see if I'm right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back