Past Callum Sinclair - retired 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

ZslCYQFE.jpg

Callum Sinclair

Player Profile

Callum Sinclair was traded from the West Coast Eagles to the Sydney Swans ahead of season 2016 and has since played vital roles as a key forward and ruckman. Over his first two seasons at the Swans he played primarily as a forward as Kurt Tippett and Sam Naismith carried the ruck load, but the retirement of Tippett and Naismith’s ACL rupture left him with the chief ruck duties in 2018 and 2019. That was until he dislocated his right shoulder twice in Round 15, an injury that ended his season. Sinclair banked a stellar 2020 pre-season campaign and has a burning desire to play every game at the top level this year. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (West Coast) No. 12; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (West Coast); 2015 AFL Draft traded by West Coast for Lewis Jetta.

Callum Sinclair

DOB: 23 September 1989
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Beaumaris (Vic)/Port Melb (VFL)/Subiaco (WAFL)/WCE

Last edited:
Sinclair can get monstered in the Ruck but he's as good as gets forward as a Ruckmen i think you guys win this one but time will tell...Sinkers will give it all for you guys he really does have a crack !! Hope i can say the same about Jetta but not that confident !

Lol how many Swans supporters need to tell you you won this trade comfortably.

The big question is whether he is on <$350k or over. That affects what we can do for the rest of the period
If he was on the reported $400K a year then it means we can only recruit <$350K for the rest of the trade period. Would we still be in the market for someone like a Talia or Astbury?

If he was on the reported $400K a year then it means we can only recruit <$350K for the rest of the trade period. Would we still be in the market for someone like a Talia or Astbury?
Considering *'s offer to Leuenberger is $375k I'm giving Beatson the benefit of the doubt and assuming he is competent enough not to pay $400k for Sinclair, but I figured the topic was worthy of discussion.

Congratulations for bending us over at the trade table. Sinclair was a favourite of mine and I really didn't want us to let him go. I assume he directly replaces Mike Pyke, so you've got yourself an upgrade there. Pretty reliable set shot most of the time, but don't be surprised if he does have the odd stinker of a game (round 5 vs Port was one of the worst performances I'd seen from an Eagle, he had severe anti-midas touch that game).

Grand Final day 2015!

Worst game by every WC player for the year.
It happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very sad to see Sinclair go. Was a fan favourite for us. Grew immensely for us this year.

Swans would think that a set of steak knives should have been thrown into the deal. WCE would think the same.

In the end, it feels lkie the deal was about right. Probably the biggest thing is our clubs didn't squabble over the deal too long. Everyone got on with it.

Congratulations on getting a great player.

Even if he is on $400k we could still get what we need for less than $350k. Seedsman, Talia & Johnson all for less than that. Pack up shop and go home. Pick up Mills and weve hadca great trade period.

You haven't got yourselves a pure ruck like for example Leuenberger but you've got someone who will compete well and is a presence when floating forward.

Well done to your club for getting your half of the deal done and abiding by Lewis's wishes to return home as well. Looking forward to seeing what he can bring to us whether it's off a wing or HF. Really hoping that he is ready to knuckle down and have a strong pre season because we shouldn't be picking him on name alone come Round 1.

Does anyone actually know what Sinclair is like as a player? I consider myself reasonably well versed in AFL but I can't say I noticed him much this year. West Coast fans seem to think highly of him though which is a positive at least.

Very sad to see Sinclair go. Was a fan favourite for us. Grew immensely for us this year.

Swans would think that a set of steak knives should have been thrown into the deal. WCE would think the same.

In the end, it feels lkie the deal was about right. Probably the biggest thing is our clubs didn't squabble over the deal too long. Everyone got on with it.

Congratulations on getting a great player.
Jetta's going to love your big, dry grounds :-(. He'll also be able to play in a position that suits him instead of as a half back.

You haven't got yourselves a pure ruck like for example Leuenberger but you've got someone who will compete well and is a presence when floating forward.

Well done to your club for getting your half of the deal done and abiding by Lewis's wishes to return home as well. Looking forward to seeing what he can bring to us whether it's off a wing or HF. Really hoping that he is ready to knuckle down and have a strong pre season because we shouldn't be picking him on name alone come Round 1.

Jetta is definitely in your best 22 and when he goes into a game with the right attitude he will easily be one of your best 5 players on the ground.

Value him. Cherish him. If I find out you lot are treating him poorly I will be over there so fast.

Nah but you got a goodun, I'm spewing about this. Strong up forward, solid in the ruck, surprisingly good tank and clean at ground level for a big guy. I'm absolutely livid at this deal, we should have forced you guys to sweeten the pot somewhat, but you'll be happy with Sinkers.

Also has the smallest head in the AFL, so if nothing else he's entertaining to look at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back