Past Callum Sinclair - retired 2022

ZslCYQFE.jpg

Callum Sinclair

Player Profile

Callum Sinclair was traded from the West Coast Eagles to the Sydney Swans ahead of season 2016 and has since played vital roles as a key forward and ruckman. Over his first two seasons at the Swans he played primarily as a forward as Kurt Tippett and Sam Naismith carried the ruck load, but the retirement of Tippett and Naismith’s ACL rupture left him with the chief ruck duties in 2018 and 2019. That was until he dislocated his right shoulder twice in Round 15, an injury that ended his season. Sinclair banked a stellar 2020 pre-season campaign and has a burning desire to play every game at the top level this year. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (West Coast) No. 12; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (West Coast); 2015 AFL Draft traded by West Coast for Lewis Jetta.

Callum Sinclair

DOB: 23 September 1989
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Beaumaris (Vic)/Port Melb (VFL)/Subiaco (WAFL)/WCE

Last edited:

momentbymoment

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
This is a fantasy related question, but also I'm genuinely curious:

Do you lot think Horse will give Sinclair a rest at some point later in the year? It seems like he's doing a lot of work on his own.
Personally, I think his body will break down a few weeks before the finals. Swans will then run around lamenting our bad luck.

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Credit to cal. On the leader board of coaches votes for the league. Pretty much confirms he will be our ruckman this year and beyond imo
There will still be lots on this board that will call for Naismith into the team to replace him, don't you worry about that. The first day he's running during his recovery, someone will start a countdown clock.

Wishing Callum Sinclair all the best for his 50th game for Sydney Swans.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2018-07-04/cox-praises-sinclair-on-brink-of-50th
Callum Sinclair was fourth in line in West Coast’s rucking pecking order when he and Dean Cox were Eagles teammates in 2013 and 2014.
But Cox, West Coast’s games record holder and one of the most formidable ruckmen of his generation, has showered in praise Sinclair’s impact in red and white ahead of the big man’s 50th game in Swans colours.
He’s certainly become a really important player,” Cox said.
“The way he’s been able to at times get on top of the ruck and then against some really experienced players really halve the contest and be predictable for our midfielders has been huge. He’s playing a vital role.
“He always looks forward to facing the best ruckmen – Nic Naitanui and Sam Jacobs are just a couple. The thing with Callum is he always puts in the work to identify what their strengths are, how he can try to nullify them and how he can get an advantage at any time.
“That’s one reason why he’s had a really consistent season – just because of the work he’s put in. That’s not just with looking at their vision but in the way he trains throughout the week so when he gets to a game there’s nothing he’s not ready for.”

518877_36223cae6aabe94e6a75cc5692ea00fe.jpg

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
Had a bit of aggression and swagger for a while a couple of games ago. Wasn’t there against the Tigers but hope he brings it this weekend. Up against his bunny Stanley!

Sinclair had 95% time on ground, and while they don't give the positional breakdown I'm pretty sure it was all in the ruck as the only non-Sinclair ruck contests I recall were the few Aliir got at the end of the 2nd quarter.

Are we trying to kill Callum or what?

Sinclair had 95% time on ground, and while they don't give the positional breakdown I'm pretty sure it was all in the ruck as the only non-Sinclair ruck contests I recall were the few Aliir got at the end of the 2nd quarter.

Are we trying to kill Callum or what?
Could that have been part of our response to the JPK injury?

MC Bad Genius

No, not THAT MC Bad Genius. The other one.
Apr 15, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
He has had a run of down games and escapes scrutiny because he is a trier and is giving his all (fair enough) but he probably isn't going to carry the team to a premiership if he can't impact around the ground a bit more like he was earlier in the season. Had a few important touches though today.
He has definitely had some down weeks, but I think you might be being a tad harsh about his lack of impact. Yes, he got pantsed in the ruck by Goldstein, but 15 touches and 8 tackles (with very nearly an opportunistic goal) is more than just a trier.

Banyo hates him because he doing better than the highly paid basketballer that just couldn’t get it done when mattered

At least pretend to be objective when bringing up Tippett.

Same output, same effectivess, same s**t finals performances.

Rinse & repeat this commemt in a month or two.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Goldstein had the better of him for 3 quarters but he was much improved in the final term and helped swing the midfield momentum. I wouldn't be surprised to see him rested for a week soon, his work load has been enormous and we have 2 6-day breaks in a row coming up. He's handled the year so well but with Cameron crying out for a seniors game, I reckon Sinclair might get a rest either this week or next week.

Banyo hates him because he doing better than the highly paid basketballer that just couldn’t get it done when mattered

Rubbish Punts you're the one that hates Tippet and rode him to death you've been the most negative person who has joined this forum and it's at the point where people just go good old punts. Did Sinclair do it when it mattered in his Grand Final appearance or in the semi against Geelong ? No he didn't, but keep up the narrative good old punts.

Sinclair has had a down patch in the last three compared to his almost best and fairest patch of games. Perhaps that's because he has had to carry almost all the rucking duties and his body has surprisingly held up but he is not helping the midfield at all ruck wise presently and they need every advantage they can get with the way they are going. I don't think much of Sinclair but he has obviously surprised me this year with the season he has put together. Don't think it's that harsh to say he has been down the last three games compared to the rest of his season.

Rubbish Punts you're the one that hates Tippet and rode him to death you've been the most negative person who has joined this forum and it's at the point where people just go good old punts. Did Sinclair do it when it mattered in his Grand Final appearance or in the semi against Geelong ? No he didn't, but keep up the narrative good old punts.

Sinclair has had a down patch in the last three compared to his almost best and fairest patch of games. Perhaps that's because he has had to carry almost all the rucking duties and his body has surprisingly held up but he is not helping the midfield at all ruck wise presently and they need every advantage they can get with the way they are going. I don't think much of Sinclair but he has obviously surprised me this year with the season he has put together. Don't think it's that harsh to say he has been down the last three games compared to the rest of his season.
Don’t think it’s harsh to say that Tippett was an overrated basketballer that was the worst highest paid recruit in a decade at the club

Cameron is banging down the door to help Sinclair out. Loving Sinkers this season but there's no need for him to carry the load like this
Who exactly are you going to drop? And how will that effect our bench if a player is injured during a game?

momentbymoment

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
Noosa
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool
Sinclair and McCartin had a so so game. We have Amartey and Cameron in the twos. Time to start managing players rather than watch them limp into the finals (again).

Back