Past Callum Sinclair - retired 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

ZslCYQFE.jpg

Callum Sinclair

Player Profile

Callum Sinclair was traded from the West Coast Eagles to the Sydney Swans ahead of season 2016 and has since played vital roles as a key forward and ruckman. Over his first two seasons at the Swans he played primarily as a forward as Kurt Tippett and Sam Naismith carried the ruck load, but the retirement of Tippett and Naismith’s ACL rupture left him with the chief ruck duties in 2018 and 2019. That was until he dislocated his right shoulder twice in Round 15, an injury that ended his season. Sinclair banked a stellar 2020 pre-season campaign and has a burning desire to play every game at the top level this year. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (West Coast) No. 12; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (West Coast); 2015 AFL Draft traded by West Coast for Lewis Jetta.

Callum Sinclair

DOB: 23 September 1989
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Beaumaris (Vic)/Port Melb (VFL)/Subiaco (WAFL)/WCE

Last edited:
Works so much harder than Naismith, and is far better at providing a forward target. That change in our ruck department has been a massive benefit this season, well done Callum :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

EDIT: Callum almost became my new avatar, following in the mould of super hardworking and unappreciated Pyke and Laidler

Ha ha saw the edit, thought he was a shot at the avatar

He was good last night and part of last week which is really positive. Top 6 might be a bit of a stretch at this point as he is just keeping us competitive not contributing to any midfield dominance. He was shown up a couple of times last night by a kid ruckman. Massive tick for sinclair though hope he continues getting a solid block of good games.

I don't think it's that much of a stretch. Shown up by English I think is a little strong, he got good touches around the ground but I didn't think he was that damaging other than a couple of touches. I reckon the top 10 atm would look something like

1. Franklin (clearly)
2. Heeney (clearly)
3. Hewett
4. Parker
5. Smith
6. Sinclair
7. Lloyd
8. Kennedy
9. Cunningham
10. Rampe

I don't think it's that much of a stretch. Shown up by English I think is a little strong, he got good touches around the ground but I didn't think he was that damaging other than a couple of touches. I reckon the top 10 atm would look something like

1. Franklin (clearly)
2. Heeney (clearly)
3. Hewett
4. Parker
5. Smith
6. Sinclair
7. Lloyd
8. Kennedy
9. Cunningham
10. Rampe
No Papley...surely you jest!

1. Franklin (clearly)
2. Heeney (clearly)
3. Hewett
4. Parker
5. Smith
6. Sinclair
7. Lloyd
8. Kennedy
9. Cunningham
10. Rampe

Ludicrous - Kennedy is being judged on his own standards he has had far greater output and effect on the game than Sinclair for one. Sinclair was shown up by English a number of times but Sinclair had a much better game than him. Don't just choose the negatives in my post. I thought he was great last night. I don't think he has been good all year but building each game and I'm rapt for him as I see his ruck work as a weakness. I don't want him to fail I want him to succeed. I don't trust him to stay consistant but so far he is gaining momentum to change that opinion.

Ludicrous - Kennedy is being judged on his own standards he has had far greater output and effect on the game than Sinclair for one. Sinclair was shown up by English a number of times but Sinclair had a much better game than him. Don't just choose the negatives in my post. I thought he was great last night. I don't think he has been good all year but building each game and I'm rapt for him as I see his ruck work as a weakness. I don't want him to fail I want him to succeed. I don't trust him to stay consistant but so far he is gaining momentum to change that opinion.

Calm down, I accused you of nothing, just giving my opinion.

Kennedy just hasn't been at his best so far this year. He was really good against Port, OK against GWS and WCE and poor yesterday. By his standards, not a great start to the year, not a terrible one either, just OK. Hopefully he's not too injured from yesterday (he certainly looked hurt), but I'm a very proud Kennedy-devotee, I love him but that doesn't mean I'm blind to when he's not at his best.

Calm down, I accused you of nothing, just giving my opinion.

Kennedy just hasn't been at his best so far this year. He was really good against Port, OK against GWS and WCE and poor yesterday. By his standards, not a great start to the year, not a terrible one either, just OK. Hopefully he's not too injured from yesterday (he certainly looked hurt), but I'm a very proud Kennedy-devotee, I love him but that doesn't mean I'm blind to when he's not at his best.

There was no rage

Love players that don't start out with massive amounts of talent but work their butt off to be able to consistently perform at the top level.

Hope Cal keeps up the good work, he looks to be set for a career best season in every facet.

Has really stepped up this year so I hope it continues. He’s always looked dangerous but severely lacked any consistency. Not 5he greatest ruckman but he only needs to compete and could be his year to own!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kurt’s GF says yer

I'm not taking sides in this because I don't really care, but I feel one thing that does get lost in the disappointing story of Tippett is that he was nowhere near our worst in the 2014 GF. He was probably in our best 6 in fact imo.

Kennedy, Franklin, Goodes, Malceski, Grundy and Tippett were probably it.

Anyway, as you were.

Compare his to Sinclair's Grand Final for West Coast and and his nothing performance against Geelong and get back to me.
Kurt’s 2 GF performances vs Sinclair’s GF and Geel performance.

Thing is Kurt was recruited and paid to be the difference and Didn’t deliver

Worst high paid recruit in my time I have seen the club pay

I'm not taking sides in this because I don't really care, but I feel one thing that does get lost in the disappointing story of Tippett is that he was nowhere near our worst in the 2014 GF. He was probably in our best 6 in fact imo.

Kennedy, Franklin, Goodes, Malceski, Grundy and Tippett were probably it.

Anyway, as you were.

He was garbage in both

Everyone says he’s not the best of ruck options but other than the top end guys like gawn,Grundy, Martin, Naitanui he’s probably the next best in the comp. if anything he even gives some of them a run when it comes to positioning, effort, pressure, skill and influence on a match. Have always seen the quality in him and glad he’s pulled through and shut all the haters up
Always had a lot of time for Sinkers and was sad to see him leave the Eagles at the time. He always gives of his all and that's all you can ask. He was the ideal backup to Nic Nat at the time. Am glad to hear he's going well for you guys and wish him well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back