Delisted 18. Charlie Constable (2018 -2021)

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Very true ShaunWDT , he and P Cripps were in the same team and had virtually identical averages.
At the time they were both seen as inside bulls with Jansen having the edge in breakaway pace , clearances were similar.
At the end of the day we didn't need a slowish clearance machine and tried to make him more aerobic and play forward - Blues however saw a specific role for Cripps and the rest is history as they say

Maybe at WAFL level their numbers were similar, but Jansen hardly touched it at the champs. At no point in time was Jansen ever close to Cripps’ level and the picks they were taken in the draft reflects this.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Back to Charlie Constable. I always find it interesting how they compared him to Patrick Cripps in his draft year.

I do not see a Cripps type player with Constable. For starters Constable has quite a narrow body frame. Sure he is 191, but I don't think he'll bulk up too massively. Cripps is a man mountain at 195.

In fact, I find it quite difficult for a relevant player comparison to Constable.

For pace and size, he is more comparable to a Cameron Ling. However, Lingy was more a run with player, and Constable is more an inside-midfielder or flanker.

He is also similar to Joel Corey size, but Corey had a bigger upper body. Corey was also much quicker, and would've offered more tackle/defensive pressure.

Its really hard to place a ceiling on young chook. I am not even sure if we've seen a star that plays a bit like him in the past?!

If Kelly departs for Fremantle Brayshaw is one player I'd love to be involved in a deal. What's his contract situation?
not sure... didnt he extent just before he got Gaffed?

Go Catters

Chook has gone

Guess he just never got out of second gear.

Hope it goes well to him and maybe he gets a rookie lifeline.

Go Catters

Now official that Charlie won't be a Cat in 2022...

2 minutes ago
Pick No.63: Charlie Constable (Gold Coast)

Jul 11, 2005
On the Road to A.G
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
1637840307202.png

Back