#18 - Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

Really happy for Eddie and the AFC.

Great bloke; would have loved him to stay but he's looking after his young family and securing his financial future.

All the best :thumbsu:

So rowey and jars were wrong.... wow.

F*** YES. Welcome to the AFC Eddie. Things look brighter already.

No thread about a new acquisition is complete without photoshopped photos

BVnQwcICQAA0dBs.jpg

Welcome to the club Eddie :)
This will take some getting used to. Although it'll be worth it alone to see Daisy streaming down the wing at the G' against Collingwood wearing Navy Blue. Oh how Eddie will cry!

EDIT: Eddie McGuire that is. I have no ill feelings towards Betts.

Do the stats also show how many times Petrenko ****s up a forward foray by getting caught on his non- preferred side?

Eddie has more goalsneak ability in one of his farts than Petrenko has in his whole body.

Can confirm, lined up in the back pocket against one of Eddie's farts once and it kicked 7.

1 goal a game difference is huge though. In a year if pets kicked 20 goals, betts would have kicked 40+

Stats on small forwards are terrible traps for young players.

If you look at how Eddie Betts scores his goals, he frequently creates something from nothing. Left or right foot, in the air or on the ground. He's a prototype small forward.

Petrenko' something from nothing is a checkside on the run or a soccer in the goalsquare.

I remember Sando saying at a press conference that that the Crows' forward line would look much different next year.
That's one spot taken. Who's next?
Seriously stoked we've got Eddie Betts. Looking forward to seeing him in our colours.

OMG you know what this means? Rucci got a story right :eek:

Considering he had him at the Crows, at North Melbourne, and even staying at Carlton at various times, yes, he did get a story right.

So rowey and jars were wrong.... wow.

F*** YES. Welcome to the AFC Eddie. Things look brighter already.

Ditto for Rowe. At least Jars only had one story. Pity it was the wrong one.

This is excellent news for the Crows. To address a pressing need without using any draft picks at a time when we had none to spend is super important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually believe that Eddie Betts could play for another 6 seasons, his injury history is minor, he workload in the midfield has been limited and like Boomer Harvey as long as he keeps his speed he could play until he is 33

Welcome Ed. Great news for the AFC.

Looking forward to our media dept (aka texwalker13) officially welcoming him on twitter. Should be a good one.

Congratulations guys. Really hope Eddie does enough for the Crows so you will grow to love him as we do. Just can't be upset with guy for looking after himself. He has a wife and a little one now and he has done the right thing. I'm going to miss the magic. Eddie does stuff that defy belief sometimes, and I hope he has got lots left in him.

He's a confidence player too. Back him in and be kind ... please.

The Adelaide Football Club can confirm an expression of interest has been made to Eddie Betts’ management under the AFL Free Agency rules.
The Crows intend to lodge the offer with the AFL on Friday at the commencement of the Free Agency period. At that point, the Carlton Football Club will have the right to match the offer to Betts, who is a Restricted Free Agent.
The Club is not in a position to make any further comment at this stage.

Exclusive to afc.com.au
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2013-10-03/crows-confirm-eddie-betts-interest

306665-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

DOB : 26-11-1986
Height :173 cm
Weight : 73 kg
Games: 184
Goals : 290
Debut : Rd 1 2005
Recruited from : Carlton / Calder U18

AFL Awards
All-Australian nominee 2011 & 2012.