Player Watch #1: Hugh Greenwood

Remove this Banner Ad

GC would have been offering 2 years a minimum so we had offer 3 to get him. Not diabolical at all.
Especially if the third is for 4/5ths of FA.

you'd hope by the mid point of next year we had moved past him through development of younger players.

GC would have been offering 2 years a minimum so we had offer 3 to get him. Not diabolical at all.

But hes no good. Just horrible horrible foresight by our list management team.

If they couldnt see that LDU was going to become A grade and JHF and TT both want midfield time then they shouldnt be in the positions they are in.

Especially if the third is for 4/5ths of FA.

you'd hope by the mid point of next year we had moved past him through development of younger players.
If he plays a role like he did on the weekend he'll be useful for a period.

You don't want him getting the pill, you need him blocking and creating room for LDU to get it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

But hes no good. Just horrible horrible foresight by our list management team.

If they couldnt see that LDU was going to become A grade and JHF and TT both want midfield time then they shouldnt be in the positions they are in.
especially when you consider we could have had brodie for the same salary plus pick 20

Brodie wanted to go to Freo.

He was heavily courted by a team on the rise. Just because you keep pointing to him, doesn't mean he'd have ever picked North over Freo.
he was apparently offered to us and it was us that knocked it back as part of the pick 20 and macpherson deal when macpherson decided to stay so they had to salary dump brodie and gave freo that same deal

he was apparently offered to us and it was us that knocked it back as part of the pick 20 and macpherson deal when macpherson decided to stay so they had to salary dump brodie and gave freo that same deal
Where was it reported that Freo offered us Brodie & that Brodie wanted to come to North over Freo?

Unless both happened, it's irrelevant. Brodie may have had the same perception of North that Macpherson had.

Where was it reported that Freo offered us Brodie & that Brodie wanted to come to North over Freo?

Unless both happened, it's irrelevant. Brodie may have had the same perception of North that Macpherson had.
Freo didn’t offer us anything

GC you mean

And not sure if reported in public but Was definitely reported by an ITK here that once dmac refused to come brodie was offered to us

I’m inclined to be more focused on the improvement one of our players (Hugh Greenwood) has shown over the last few games than taking pot shots at one of our own…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s even funnier than that, that fraud now works in clubland LOL
Which club was deluded enough to hire him?

Please tell me it's * and they have the dream team of Dodo and Knightmare..

It’s us and he’s currently Talent ID manager by default.
giphy.gif

Seeya later membership.

He was looking not too bad when his focus was getting a bit of the ball. I wonder if we could use him as a tagger similar to Jacobs, from time to time Jacobs was able to do that off a wing. We don't really have any ball accumulating wing players.

He was looking not too bad when his focus was getting a bit of the ball. I wonder if we could use him as a tagger similar to Jacobs, from time to time Jacobs was able to do that off a wing. We don't really have any ball accumulating wing players.
Don’t think he’s quick enough. I think he’d look a lot better if we had a reasonable outside game and pretty much get ball out to a runner. We don’t have that

he’s a good example of not getting experienced players for the sake of it

Someone like a Brodie in the 23-25 year age range is more beneficial Who have a mature body and have upside unless they are a superstar veteran

I know Brodie has really come on at Freo, but that certainly doesn't mean he'd have the same sort of year at North. Freo are currently top 4, absolutely flying and have their structures nailed to the floor. We do not.

I do wonder if Greenwood has helped UDL unlock his game a bit. In any case I think he's a handy player to have around.

Don’t think he’s quick enough. I think he’d look a lot better if we had a reasonable outside game and pretty much get ball out to a runner. We don’t have that

Yeah, we seem to be lacking in that system of chaining possession from stoppages, even though we dominated at centre clearances last week, we too often just hacked it forward which resulted in our 37.3% efficiency inside 50 vs Collingwood's 50%.

Even though we have a young list, LDU is 23 with 65 games, Greenwood 30 with 98, Simpkin 24 with 110. We weren't completely wet behind the ears. We missed Cunners badly but we never really had a good system of ball use/retention under Noble.

Yeah, we seem to be lacking in that system of chaining possession from stoppages, even though we dominated at centre clearances last week, we too often just hacked it forward which resulted in our 37.3% efficiency inside 50 vs Collingwood's 50%.

Even though we have a young list, LDU is 23 with 65 games, Greenwood 30 with 98, Simpkin 24 with 110. We weren't completely wet behind the ears. We missed Cunners badly but we never really had a good system of ball use/retention under Noble.
We’ve been reasonably good inside for most the year. Outside we have been non existent I maintain this is our biggest (of many) issue. Both offensively and defensively

Remove this Banner Ad

Back