Player Watch #1: Hugh Greenwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus brother that shot in the last. You’re a senior player with questionable kicking. A check side on the run from 40 is as low percentage as it gets!
Just had to vent as Aarts saved his ass
After taking the advantage as a cherry on top.

JFC.

Credit where credits due Hugh played one hell of a match on Saturday as well.
Just using his body to dish off the ball to teammates in better positions, his decision making was elite.
He, Jy and LDU really played an elite 4 quarters. Best game of the year and again highlights what a waste it was when he’d get it and go sideways.
Our gameplan was destroying his effectiveness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesus brother that shot in the last. You’re a senior player with questionable kicking. A check side on the run from 40 is as low percentage as it gets!
Just had to vent as Aarts saved his ass
I thought Aarts saved Curtis Taylor's ass more than Greenwood's. Curtis had 2-3 options wide open inside 50 with a minute left. He could also have simply taken his full 30 seconds and then had a shot (assuming we managed to inform the players how long was left). Instead he rushed the pass to LDU which ended up giving Richmond the ball with more than enough time to score.

I thought Aarts saved Curtis Taylor's ass more than Greenwood's. Curtis had 2-3 options wide open inside 50 with a minute left. He could also have simply taken his full 30 seconds and then had a shot (assuming we managed to inform the players how long was left). Instead he rushed the pass to LDU which ended up giving Richmond the ball with more than enough time to score.

I’m actually surprised Stephenson wasn’t paid the mark just inside the centre square as man in front, on Richmond’s final drive from their defence to attack.

He has moved a lot better over the past month.

From the way he was moving he looked like he carried something into the season, but he has been playing a lot better lately. I don't want to make every thread about David Noble, but it's crazy that we had LDU sitting in the forward line for half the season while Greenwood limped around.

He's a tough SOB to take down, always seems to be able to get the ball away
Obviously it would be good if he could handball a bit more but I have to say I struggle to recall a player more capable of getting boot to ball whilst being mauled... well, almost ever. He's almost freakishly capable of getting a legal kick away under duress.

Yet another Tasmanian delivering the goods ; )

In all seriousness, he has been a bit ordinary this year but I thought he played really well on Sat.

Well done Hugh, no questioning his toughness that is for sure.

Always admired his ability to get the ball away whilst being tackled at his previous clubs. Was nice to finally see some of that ability on show last week. Hopefully he keeps it up

I wonder if it makes him harder to tackle? He does always seem to be able to get his arms free.
Was going to say, he’s very good at having the arms up above anyone tackling him. Never wrapped up. Always gets it away. Knows that aspect of a football game well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back