Player Watch #1: Hugh Greenwood

Haha judging by his eyes throughout the interview i reckon he might be bringing the good Gold Coast gear with him too
I was literally about to say this
ECB9CF1B-FF94-4C99-ACE3-7957E12150BF.gif

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
God the nuffies on the GC board are hard at it.
We're up to the denial stage where supposed 'GC reporters secretly knew that they were going to phase him out of the squad and they wanted to get rid of him'.
Can't wait to see what else they come up with.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Haha judging by his eyes throughout the channel 7 interview i reckon he might be bringing the good Gold Coast gear with him too

My 3yo wanted to watch the story three times (for some insane reason he has always loved "Tim" and for natural reasons he loves "blue and white north melbum") but the longer he went I realised that the Greenwood crazy eyes probably made him look like something out of PJ Masks.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
God the nuffies on the GC board are hard at it.
We're up to the denial stage where supposed 'GC reporters secretly knew that they were going to phase him out of the squad and they wanted to get rid of him'.
Can't wait to see what else they come up with.

And replace him with who

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
Gold Coast fans the few that they have are not taking the Hugh Greenwood departure very well makes me love what you guy’s did even more

HG on SEN Hobart

59mins in

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
feel like UG hasn't watched any of Will's matches this year.

Elite user, clever vision, quick, clean, can find the ball already.... What's not to like?

At the very least, consider the fact he had interrupted seasons due to COVID.

He will be a star in a very talented midfield.

lol at his opinion on Carlton too. We dismantled them by 7 goals? They are still a long way off especially when it comes to disposal by foot. Horrendous.

Anyway, we gotta look at our midfield more closely. This is a genuinely elite spread of talent that can take us all the way. We're onto something here.

HELLSBELLS

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich

Elite user, clever vision, quick, clean, can find the ball already.... What's not to like?

lol at his opinion on Carlton too. We dismantled them by 7 goals? They are still a long way off especially when it comes to disposal by foot. Horrendous.

Anyway, we gotta look at our midfield more closely. This is a genuinely elite spread of talent that can take us all the way. We're onto something here.

From the constant stream of deluded rambling id say he doesn't watch at all.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne

7 goals? Thats what SevLarkey buried through the big ones. That game may have been a 7 goal win but it should have been a 20 goal win. We destroyed every component of their game plan, they are soft as s**t! And Will is a very good player. His low centre of gravity in contests is a weapon. He is inside/outside. I was in the camp of McDonald, I retracted my statement after watching his first couple of games for us. He has the goods

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

He is a elite tackler too. His defensive pressure has been some of the best we’ve seen over the past few years

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hugh adds that extra layer of defensive ability when opposition get a run on. We managed to steady the ship better as the year went on but it was clear we needed more experience in there.

When he gets his opportunity (and he will), I would expect him to be the leading front in terms of applying defensive pressure when momentum swings. Suddlenly that easy outlet becomes a rushed kick, and it's on.

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Greenwood can and has played forward and back. I think your dream of fielding a midfield with an average age <20 won't happen.

I have been saying it for over two years, we want to rotate as many through the middle as we can. Unrelenting and you must be able to play elsewhere and have at least one elite trait.

Back