Player Watch #1: Hugh Greenwood

amaz199

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Delusional, bordering on deranged assessment of future prospects based on a single one-off game.

$1000 Carlton finishes top 6?
Same way you're basing your assessments on Will?

...and it wasn't one off. They were fundamentally beaten by many other teams. They have been shite since forever. They need a culture change.

Oh and um, I don't gamble lol.

Northwards

Senior List
Nov 22, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Devastating the news on Cunners, all the best to himself, his family and friends. They’ll be in all North fans thoughts over the coming months.

Hugh becomes a massive cog for us structurally now. His initial role was going to be a foil for cunners one would think, but that has changed now. I imagine he’ll be starting in the centre Rd 1 with Simpkin and LDU.

His ability to switch between playing a defensive role and also be on the hunt with his clearance winning and somewhat surprisingly attack minded disposal from stoppages. Also can take a grab and hit the scoreboard at times too, bodes well for having a midfielder rest forward with a pressure aspect to him in the F50.
Genuine two way midfielder, something we’ve not had since Jacobs.

At 29/30 he’s also well aware of his capabilities, knows that while a very capable footballer, the talent he’ll have around him means his role may even be simpler now. He’s said this himself in an interview about his role.
Apologies for the word vomit, haven’t been able to post until now

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I am aware of the plural thanks, Davison Sanchez.

A gaggle of geese who are in fact humans, are gooses IMO.

We can discuss this after Leeds kick and scrap their way to a priceless point after my Sunday walk where I get to look at all the women of Medellin in activewear.

Same way you're basing your assessments on Will?

...and it wasn't one off. They were fundamentally beaten by many other teams. They have been sh*te since forever. They need a culture change.

Oh and um, I don't gamble lol.

You said We dismantled them and that they are miles off. I disagree, I think they’re close and given a decent run with injuries will finish top 6 maybe even Top 4.

As for Will, I just don’t see how he is going to be able to physically compete with the big inside mids of the comp, it has nothing to do with his ability or nous or him as a human.

We can discuss this after Leeds kick and scrap their way to a priceless point after my Sunday walk where I get to look at all the women of Medellin in activewear.

You said We dismantled them and that they are miles off. I disagree, I think they’re close and given a decent run with injuries will finish top 6 maybe even Top 4.

As for Will, I just don’t see how he is going to be able to physically compete with the big inside mids of the comp, it has nothing to do with his ability or nous or him as a human.
Will is taller than Lachie Neale, and he seems to be able to compete ok.

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will is taller than Lachie Neale, and he seems to be able to compete ok.

I literally cannot understand how people think Philips won’t make it due to size when Nick Daicos is basically the same size and Pies fans literally have no concerns.

Physical attributes don’t make great footballers, footy skills and IQ do.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Matty Rowell had the benefit of actually playing footy his draft year. I think playing footy helps.

It didn't do much for me as a kid, I safely say.
Condolences to your footy skills.

P.s. I DO NOT RECOGNISE YOU, I know u as the schnoz

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

An unconvincing win is still a win. I'll take it, especially when there are gooses cheering for our demise 💪

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
I can confirm Hugh is wearing #18 next year.

I heard he did um and ah and considered forging his own path with a different number but instead decided he could fill those giant shoes of those before him, Brad Moran. Because he's an internet millionaire now.

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Huh?

Touk Miller 178cm
Rory Laird 177cm
Tom Mitchell 182cm
Zach Merrett 180cm
Darcy Parish 181cm
Dayne Zorko 175cm
Lachie Neale 177cm
Jy Simpkin 182cm
Adam Treloar 182cm
Caleb Serong 178cm
Rory Sloane 182cm
Taylor Adams 181cm

Will Phillips 180cm

I capped it at 182cm but if I included 183-184cm players we have Joel Selwood, Luke Shuey, Tom Liberatore, Travis Boak, Sam Walsh and many other midfield stars.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Huh?

Touk Miller 178cm
Rory Laird 177cm
Tom Mitchell 182cm
Zach Merrett 180cm
Darcy Parish 181cm
Dayne Zorko 175cm
Lachie Neale 177cm
Jy Simpkin 182cm
Adam Treloar 182cm
Caleb Serong 178cm
Rory Sloane 182cm
Taylor Adams 181cm

Will Phillips 180cm

I capped it at 182cm but if I included 183-184cm players we have Joel Selwood, Luke Shuey, Tom Liberatore, Travis Boak, Sam Walsh and many other midfield stars.

People (like the bloke you quoted) get too obsessed with midfield heights.

I'm 178cm and I can't remember the last time when wrestling I couldn't match it with someone under 185.

You have the BIG midfielders like Cripps, Bont, etc. who obviously have a physical size advantage that actually makes a difference, but a few centimetres between blokes whose role isn't to clunk marks really doesn't mean much in practice.

Jed's shorter and he rips blokes apart.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Huh?

Touk Miller 178cm
Rory Laird 177cm
Tom Mitchell 182cm
Zach Merrett 180cm
Darcy Parish 181cm
Dayne Zorko 175cm
Lachie Neale 177cm
Jy Simpkin 182cm
Adam Treloar 182cm
Caleb Serong 178cm
Rory Sloane 182cm
Taylor Adams 181cm

Will Phillips 180cm

You’d need to, in order to find a premiership player.

Anthony Stevens.

Back