Player Watch #1: Hugh Greenwood

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Referring to Cunners as a 'battler'? Not like!!!
More than a little disrespectful to the great man IMO. Substitute 'battler' with 'genius' and I give the interview 10/10.
Cunners is a battler, has he once had the media hype him up as the best inside player of the last decade? Never ever heard that. Ben is a boss and I ******* hope the bloke is doing well through his treatment, for his Family. Not for our club.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah I thought that at first.

But I don't think he means it like that. I think he's more referring to the hard work at the coal face, fighting for the ball, that players like Cunners and Greenwood do, not the flashy stuff Tarryn or Sleevo get to do as a result.
Like this...

1642989558658.png

Yeah I thought that at first.

But I don't think he means it like that. I think he's more referring to the hard work at the coal face, fighting for the ball, that players like Cunners and Greenwood do, not the flashy stuff Tarryn or Sleevo get to do as a result.
Ok yep I’ll take that.

For me it’s every North supporter’s knowledge that Cunners with ball in hand is a level of elite vision and art that many outside the club might have overlooked considering his unparalleled work at the coalface. The last part of that ‘might’ qualify as ‘battler’ you’re right. Greenwood was sounding like an outsider which I guess in a way he still is. Mountain out of a molehill though. I’ve moved on. Reckon we’re gonna love what this guy brings.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Ok yep I’ll take that.

For me it’s every North supporter’s knowledge that Cunners with ball in hand is a level of elite vision and art that many outside the club might have overlooked considering his unparalleled work at the coalface. The last part of that ‘might’ qualify as ‘battler’ you’re right. Greenwood was sounding like an outsider which I guess in a way he still is. Mountain out of a molehill though. I’ve moved on. Reckon we’re gonna love what this guy brings.
+1.

Elite vision, movement, strength, disposal, marking and goalsense. His tank is obviously good enough to motor out games without being a strong suit.

His skillful attributes are overshadowed by his tough reputation the way Archer's were.

All he lacks is pace.

How the F have they not relocated to melbourne? How much is he paying in rent? What did they rent? Are they waiting for the lease to expire? A 2k a week property that no one will take over? Strange, very very strange
Think he’s looking for a place to buy ASAP and doesn’t want to rent in Melbourne for a fixed time

How the F have they not relocated to melbourne? How much is he paying in rent? What did they rent? Are they waiting for the lease to expire? A 2k a week property that no one will take over? Strange, very very strange
Tight market in Melbourne at the moment, and secured accommodation in QLD would seem a better option over the holidays, and initial Covid outlook.

Such a cleannn jumper.
I bought one for my brother as gift back in October.

Didnt get to appreciate it then and cant wait to see the boys run out in it round 1

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I can't quite explain it and I wouldn't say this out loud but that white puma gives me satisfaction :north::hearts::hearteyes:
You mean our traditional jumper which we’ve basically played in for 160 years?

Who would have guessed it looked good?

No more Brighton and Hobe Albion, no Alaves, no Real Sociedad, no Sheffield bloody Wednesday, no Porto, not ******* Genk either no no no no no.

North Melbourne.

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins
You mean our traditional jumper which we’ve basically played in for 160 years?

Who would have guessed it looked good?

No more Brighton and Hobe Albion, no Alaves, no Real Sociedad, no Sheffield bloody Wednesday, no Porto, not ******* Genk either no no no no no.

North Melbourne.
No I can explain why the royal blue stripes gives me tingles. It's the white puma dancing in a sea of royal blue that weirdly does something for me

1644031245350.png

Back