Player Watch #18: Jake Melksham – back for 2024

rhaz

Cancelled
Jun 30, 2008
AFL Club
Melbourne
Milksnek has completely turned it around for me. Was a player I hated at Essendon, and then his form early in the year did nothing to change my mind. I'm liking his work now though!

He has kicked at least one goal in all of his last ten games, and has kicked two or more goals in his last five.

Wins a lot of uncontested ball but isn't soft.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
He looks dangerous around the 50m arc, just casually loping in and putting it through the middle. He can be our new Bernie - an irritating campaigner who can bomb it through from 55m.

He's a damn sight uglier though.
Him and Harmes both look like they share some equine genetics somewhere down the line...

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Has kicked at least 1 goal in every game since round 12. 17 goals in the last 10 games is impressive for Melksham. Have really liked what he's offered up forward to us since the switch midway through this season. It's great that he can play both a defensive role for us up forward but also be a threat offensively.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm going to put my hand up and admit he's not as bad as I thought he'd be. Still bad though. And ugly. So Essendon.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Talented kickers who take lots of risks --> half forward
Talented kickers who don't go for every half possible kick --> half back

He's much better forward of centre.

This is also the reason Bernie is a dodgy half back and I'm frightened every time Tyson is in the back half. Oh and Jeremy "All Australian" Howe. lol

Last edited:

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
When he gets them around 50 hes a bloody weapon now and his kicking into the F50 has been really good. The one where he hit pedo as he doubled back was pure class. If he can keep this level up a 2nd rounder was a steal which is insane

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
Gotta hand it to goody, Harmes ANB Melksham all best 22 and i don't think many would've thought that at the start of the season

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Gotta hand it to goody, Harmes ANB Melksham all best 22 and i don't think many would've thought that at the start of the season

All 3 of those are forward of the Centre midfielders which is where Stretch is struggling. Other hit the scoreboard regularly now whilst applying awesome pressure.

Xhoquelin

Club Legend
Dec 4, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Charlotte Hornets
All 3 of those are forward of the Centre midfielders which is where Stretch is struggling. Other hit the scoreboard regularly now whilst applying awesome pressure.
Could include Hannan as a forward of centre midfielder as well, he attends at least 2 centre bounces per game it seems.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Could include Hannan as a forward of centre midfielder as well, he attends at least 2 centre bounces per game it seems.

He's more of a forward but yeah you are right I think he'll play more midfield time as he develops.

Bazza97

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Have really liked what he has done forward of centre for us. An offensive threat from 50, has kicked 21 goals in 12 games since making the move forward of centre and can also play a defensive role as well. Has been a valuable acquisition.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Going to do a Bwuce hear but doesn't it feel like all his goals lately have been clutch? I can't think of him missing when we have needed it and they have been a lot from distance

Back