Player Watch #18: Jake Melksham – back for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

By the way, what a terrible rule. "You have 30 seconds but the umpire can cut it short at any point he wants if he feels like you're not using that time correctly".

Out of all the AFL's many arbitrary rules that one may be the most arbitrary (arbitraryist?).

Also known as the "Home crowd is yelling so I better do something" application of the rule

General consensus at the time was you over paid for Milkshake and under paid for Pig making us even. I reckon now it seems you might owe us a solid in the trade period sometime (please).

If we had to lose them, happy it was to you guys and not a campaigner club. Happy for them, they now look like they've lost the black and gained the blue in their blood (although I like to think they still have a soft spot for us).

General consensus at the time was you over paid for Milkshake and under paid for Pig making us even. I reckon now it seems you might owe us a solid in the trade period sometime (please).

If we had to lose them, happy it was to you guys and not a campaigner club. Happy for them, they now look like they've lost the black and gained the blue in their blood (although I like to think they still have a soft spot for us).

It's pretty nuts but I reckon Melksham has become more valuable than Pig and I love pig.

What might not have been obvious on TV but I don't recall seeing the time countdown on the scoreboard for either of Kent's or Melksham's last shots. Thought it was a bit dodgy at the time...
They don't show it for the last two minutes I believe... Stupid rule all-round, up there with protected area, ruck nominations - everything they change goes to s$&#!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bYIXFTB.gif

Just awesome team footy. Good clearance work from Oliver and Brayshaw (also on his left), and then Hannan lays the shepherd to protect Melksham as he's collecting the ground ball. Good from TMac also to bring the ball to ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back