Player Watch #18: Jake Melksham – back for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

BT is from same town as Lever and his family.
Currently you mean right, cause BTs from Mandurah in WA I reckon.
Yeah I'm sure in a telecast BTs said Jakes good with the Dukes up. He's got that long as * reach on him, he'd jab ya face off.

Currently you mean right, cause BTs from Mandurah in WA I reckon.
Yeah I'm sure in a telecast BTs said Jakes good with the Dukes up. He's got that long as * reach on him, he'd jab ya face off.

Currently yep, at least BT was living in Romsey for a while. Remember Lever saying charlie Cameron was the only guy he was concerned about with the gloves on, apparently he can go too.

Currently yep, at least BT was living in Romsey for a while. Remember Lever saying charlie Cameron was the only guy he was concerned about with the gloves on, apparently he can go too.
Modern day version of Mark Jackson belting everyone in training, decided to have a go at Maurice Rioli senior I think it was who proceeded to land about 15 on him before he blinked

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never felt more hopeless than when I got put in the ring with a sub 60KG Aussie ammo champ. It's like the ******* matrix trying to lay a glove on a bloke tiers ahead of you in ability regardless of how much bigger you are.
Honestly, I can't imagine anything I'd rather do less than get in the ring with a boxing champ.

Wasn't Lever an under-age boxing champion to the point that he could have gone pro had he gone down this track?

Honestly, I can't imagine anything I'd rather do less than get in the ring with a boxing champ.
This one didn't end in any of the damage of a typical sparring session. He was too good and just working on dodging and hitting me with one specific body shot. I guess I was practice for fights against tall guys/lefties. Boxing gyms are typically great, when you're outclassed the other guy doesn't beat you up. It was against the relatively inexperienced light heavyweights I was in strife as I was fair game to them.

I took up boxing in my 30's and not for long but it was awesome fun as someone who had been in one fight ever to that point. Great confidence booster and it's crazy efficient for fitness. Would love to go back to it but the wife would probably kill me, also long term concussion considerations I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back