Past #18: Josh Smith - drafted with #60 in '07 ND - delisted at end of '10 season - turning circle of QE2

Remove this Banner Ad

Gap is wide, but important to note that his performances at VFL level will set him up well to dominate a Country League like an Carey-Brown-Archer hybrid.

In mentioning Brown amongst that trifecta, I trust that was a typo and you really meant Bwown.

Certainly there is a chasm between VFL and AFL and especially in relation to quality tall, strong defenders which means that even a young stick insect should be able to kick bags of goals if he truly has talent. The fact that some of our young key forwards are not kicking goals at VFL level when they are playing on short people does not bode well for them when they suddenly have to oppose the likes of Scarlett and Lake and Presti.

Also helps having better midfielders delivering the ball at AFL level.

smith is still young player who looks to have a lot of potential from vfl games i've seen...

might as well give a bloke a crack who could turn into a good 10+ years player

When does the 10 year count start? The bloke is 24 years old, can't see him playing into his 30s (especially if he's delisted at the end of the year).

When does the 10 year count start? The bloke is 24 years old, can't see him playing into his 30s (especially if he's delisted at the end of the year).

Being delisted at 24 certainly doesn't help anyone's prospects of playing 10 years for that same club.

news_imagesize.asp

Haven't seen much of Essendon this year, are they a fast side (when they get the ball). Can remember them killing us a couple of years back with leg speed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen much of Essendon this year, are they a fast side (when they get the ball). Can remember them killing us a couple of years back with leg speed.

Round one, 2008 iirc. Last time I flew down to Melbourne to watch a game expecting to come back with a win.

They aren't as fast or even good as they were then.

Could be Smith on Neagle, could be Obba too.

Only reason I can't see Obba playing on Neagle is that he might switch into default mode and pick the fat, inanimate object up and repeatedly run up and down isle 43 carrying him above his head.

One of my fondest Arden St memories was the sight of Neagle's old man Merv coming off, face bloodied, and having a crack at a supporter on the Members' wing. What a peanut that bloke was!

I'm well pleased he has been selected this week and hope he does enough to stay in.

I would have played him in that defensive role before Tarrant. To his credit Tarrant did better then I expected for the past two weeks.

Harding unlucky. I like playing the kids but also believe consistently outstanding VFL form should be rewarded otherwise where is the motivation to perform?

He won't get dislodged from the team after Saturday night.

The Big Ship is here to stay.:thumbsu:

I hope you're right Braddles.

1053102554.JPG

If he doesn't grab his chance, or he may follow the last indestructable ship's fate.......

titanic_sinking.jpg

......never to be seen again at AFL level.

titanic6%2Bcopy.jpg

I have faith though :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back