Past Kristian Jaksch

Remove this Banner Ad

Same Harks. I was quite shocked how skinny he was when he saw him last preseason. Needs to him the gym big time this preseason.

Yeah, it certainly surprised me...............Looked like a boys body to me.

I know that some are thin but they're sinewy and still have definition..........see Fletcher. Jaksch? Undernourished.

Yeah, it certainly surprised me...............Looked like a boys body to me.

I know that some are thin but they're sinewy and still have definition..........see Fletcher. Jaksch? Undernourished.
Just not sure how much time he spent working on his body with GWS. It really is his #1 priority over the preseason which might give him more confidence next year.

gbatman

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2008
Behind You...
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Justice League
Maybe he's never going to be real heavy and he should be more focused on being a running tall player who can take a mark and play on a wide range of opponents in defence but not so much the bigger guys but become more of a half forward like Everitt or Gunston and get under the guard of sides when we have two other tall/big forwards taking the best/bigger defenders.

Mar 26, 2008
Fight Club
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
76ers, Storm, Broad St.
How much talk has there been on here about that 2012 draft?

SOS takes Whitfield, O'Rourke, Plowman with the first 3 picks. Stringer, Macrae, Wines go in the picks after.

We pick up Jaksch, rating him as the 5th best prospect in that draft. But are we to assume Rogers`first four was Stringer, Macrae, Wines, Menzel?

Just don't know what to make of it.

Oct 5, 2004
Geelong
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Got a feeling about Jaksch. Really think he will make it as a defender. Impressed in the pre-season, then lost momentum with injury.

It'll be as a forward. Heard the interview last summer with McKay on SEN. Initially he was going to play 3rd tall defence as he developed. Then as he developed and put on some kgs he was then going to be moved forward. McKay felt he was going to be a 10yr key forward but they weren't going to rush him.

Expect to see him forward alot more next year. Leave that in no doubt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Hopefully Crippa's work ethic rubs off on the boys and KJ loads up on the Colonel & the carbs whilst hitting the weights this off-season.

Hopefully he's made of the right stuff and ticker to put in the hard yards as he appears laconic.

Nothing wrong with a swingman but the best have a true position and occasionally drift back or forward to impact results when needed.

Like to see where BB lines him up next year and how KJ improves his body condition into the season with an uninterrupted run at it between now and round 1.

SABlue

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
He will be fine. I think forward bit like Gunston or Lynch using athleticism rather than size. What will help him most is just some good coaching.

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
The club could do worse than getting Lance Whitnall, at least in a part time role, to teach our forwards about positioning & even teach the midfielders/rebounding defenders about how best to deliver the ball to the forwards.

Could teach KJ how to bulk up over an off-season too.

athensblue

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2006
South of France
AFL Club
Carlton
Six more weeks at this place and he'll give us 10 good yrs as a key forward

upload_2015-9-27_21-54-11.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back