Retired #18: Michael Hurley 🐻 - Staying on in a coaching and player welfare role! - 3/10

Remove this Banner Ad

18 - Hurley.jpg
Contract Status: Retired
Last Game Played: Currently in the side
Injury Status: Comes back from injury to play his final game for the club this weekend - 18/8
He's back! Playing a half in the VFL this weekend - 15/7
Joins main training in the next couple of weeks! - 15/6

Had a calf setback, now running again - 28/4

Wants to play a half in the VFL in the next couple of weeks - 30/3

Joined main training? - 3/3
Ahead of schedule, doing some big running loads - 16/2
Progressing well, R1 'too soon' to return, no time frame - 11/1
On track for playing return around Round 6 - 12/3

Ahead of schedule, running soon - 15/12
Hip replacement surgery - 10/10
Placed on the inactive list, will not play in 2021 - 31/5
Hopes to play the last 6 weeks of the season if not sooner - 26/4
At the club daily doing 1-2 hours of exercise for recovery - 23/3
On the mend - 19/3
Apparently using the hot/cold pools at the club, progress? - 5/3
Limping on crutches with an IV at the preseason game - 25/2
Discharged, recuperating at home... again. No time frame on return - 17/2
Apparently back in hospital - 15/2
Discharged from hospital, recuperating at home. No timeframe - 9/2
In hospital with an infected leg - 4/2

My Boy Draft 2022: Claim here

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to see anybody pushing him out of the team next year if he backs up what he's done this season. Very well deserved.
It's great to have a multiple AA in our team again!

I feel Raz may be the one we're congratulating this time next year... Betts is just about ready to knocked off his perch.

Hurley has the ability to end up as a 5x All-Australia if he has a good run with injuries. The drive he provides out of defense will always ensure that he stands out compared to those defenders whose main contribute is purely defensive.

Hurley has the ability to end up as a 5x All-Australia if he has a good run with injuries. The drive he provides out of defense will always ensure that he stands out compared to those defenders whose main contribute is purely defensive.

He has two now. IMO he'll end up with one more. There are always the years with injury, form slumps,... when he moves back into the forward line...

It's sad that our supposed AA CHB is incapable of defending an opponent in an aerial 1v1. Is effectively just a taller back flanker now. I want 2015 Hurls back :'(.
It could be the role he has been given. There seems a real push for him to rack up possessions and be loose.

It's not something I really agree with. I'd prefer Hurley to be given more defensive roles, he'll still provide the big dumb clearing kicks as effectively.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back