Retired #18: Michael Hurley šŸ» - Staying on in a coaching and player welfare role! - 3/10

18 - Hurley.jpg

Contract Status: Retired
Last Game Played: Currently in the side
Injury Status: Comes back from injury to play his final game for the club this weekend - 18/8
He's back! Playing a half in the VFL this weekend - 15/7
Joins main training in the next couple of weeks! - 15/6

Had a calf setback, now running again - 28/4

Wants to play a half in the VFL in the next couple of weeks - 30/3

Joined main training? - 3/3
Ahead of schedule, doing some big running loads - 16/2
Progressing well, R1 'too soon' to return, no time frame - 11/1
On track for playing return around Round 6 - 12/3

Ahead of schedule, running soon - 15/12
Hip replacement surgery - 10/10
Placed on the inactive list, will not play in 2021 - 31/5
Hopes to play the last 6 weeks of the season if not sooner - 26/4
At the club daily doing 1-2 hours of exercise for recovery - 23/3
On the mend - 19/3
Apparently using the hot/cold pools at the club, progress? - 5/3
Limping on crutches with an IV at the preseason game - 25/2
Discharged, recuperating at home... again. No time frame on return - 17/2
Apparently back in hospital - 15/2
Discharged from hospital, recuperating at home. No timeframe - 9/2
In hospital with an infected leg - 4/2

My Boy Draft 2022: Claim here

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Perfect recruit for GC with the priority pick. 4 year contract at close to 1 mill per year can lay some foundations for them while they try and rebuild that club.

Gives us a first rounder to work with, close to 1 mill in cap space and fill some holes we desperately need.

I reckon we can cope with a backline of BZT, Hooker, Ambrose, Francis, Ridley next year. Its the type of ambitious changes that need to be made.

Sep 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Perfect recruit for GC with the priority pick. 4 year contract at close to 1 mill per year can lay some foundations for them while they try and rebuild that club.

Gives us a first rounder to work with, close to 1 mill in cap space and fill some holes we desperately need.

I reckon we can cope with a backline of BZT, Hooker, Ambrose, Francis, Ridley next year. Its the type of ambitious changes that need to be made.
Yeah, weā€™re not getting pick 1 or 2 for him, especially when GC have an opportunity to pick the two best kids who are actually mates to go together.

Only way Iā€™m ok is if he actually asks to go which I donā€™t think makes sense given the mountain of s**t heā€™s been through, surely youā€™d want to see a bright future not the dumpster fire that is GC.

This board never ceases to deliver.
It is pretty funny. I guess if we trade Hurley we can look forward to 3 or 4 years of discussion about whoever we pick up making it or not to look forward to.

It is pretty funny. I guess if we trade Hurley we can look forward to 3 or 4 years of discussion about whoever we pick up making it or not to look forward to.
I have this feeling that bigfooty would only be happy if we had the 2000 season over and over and over and over, never losing a game, never fumbling a ball, all players taking unders to become one-club players for continued back2back2back2back success. Even then there will be some still looking to find fault.

I have this feeling that bigfooty would only be happy if we had the 2000 season over and over and over and over, never losing a game, never fumbling a ball, all players taking unders to become one-club players for continued back2back2back2back success. Even then there will be some still looking to find fault.
just on that 2000 season though- cannot believe we lost to the bulldogs - Sheedy had no plan B, ridiculously out coached and no players stood up. was embarrassing.

just on that 2000 season though- cannot believe we lost to the bulldogs - Sheedy had no plan B, ridiculously out coached and no players stood up. was embarrassing.
ā€œThe loss we had to haveā€.

Ridiculous

Apr 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon

I can always rely on you to give me a great chuckle, Kelvin.

Back