Player Watch #18: Michael Hurley - Surgery for high grade AC joint injury - Hopeful of 2019 return - 14/7

Doss

Super Moderator
Aug 1, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Your version of the 'hard truth' is that he wouldn't be good enough to run around in the VFL in another side, though. Or something.

So our undoubted s**tness has no correlation whatsoever with your apparent 'hard truth'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bunk Moreland

Hall of Famer
Sep 22, 2011
Your girlfriend's dreams
AFL Club
Essendon
If Hurley is in AA contention then so is Hooker who's been better. Ambrose is probably the no.1 lock down player in the comp so he may get a look in.

Saad is close to the best small so he's a chance.

We could finish outside the 8 and have half a dozen AA players.

Essendon logic.
Err no, that’s kelvin sheedy logic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
I'm going to buck the trend and agree with kelvin_sheedy and say that Hooker has been on par with Hooker.

Hurley's best has been better than Hookers whilst Hooker is doing the less glamorous stuff better than Hurley.

All I will say is we are incredibly lucky to have two such high quality key defenders in the one team at the same time.

Yoda_

Brownlow Medallist
May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
And for the record. I do think Hurley will be amongst the squad of 40 All Australian's, making the team will be hard with some extremely good key defenders this season.

Alex Keath, McGovern, Tom Stewart, Darcey Moore, Harris Andrews, Mark Blicavs

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
I'm going to buck the trend and agree with kelvin_sheedy and say that Hooker has been on par with Hooker.

Hurley's best has been better than Hookers whilst Hooker is doing the less glamorous stuff better than Hurley.

All I will say is we are incredibly lucky to have two such high quality key defenders in the one team at the same time.
I think you’re seeing one too many Hookers

Hamez

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Under a injury cloud:
Michael Hurley is likely to put his hand up for selection after undertaking precautionary scans on Monday.

Hurley impressed with 23 disposals, 12 marks, nine intercept possessions and eight rebound 50s against the Swans and Crow expects the key defender to be made available this weekend.

“Michael has been managing his hips over a few years now. We just got a scan to check the current state of that hip joint.

“He’ll be monitored throughout this week, but we’re hopeful that he’ll be available come match day.”

Lore

Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Under a injury cloud:
Either there were reports that he was seen entering a hospital on Monday or this is again to throw doubt on whether Hooker will play forward or back. Why answer a question that was never asked if he isn't going to miss training or games? Usually they'd keep those sort of cards closer to their chest.

May also explain the question about whether Zerk will play VFL or AFL.

Top Bottom