Player Watch #18: Michael Hurley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United
Had the opportunity to watch the game again and Hurley dominated Franklin. Will gladly put my hand up and say that with the form of Hooker and the option of Hartley in the VFL (and BZT building) we could possibly use Hurley as trade bait. NO WAY!! Was absolutely brilliant on Friday night. He was able to use his disposal after winning the 1:1 which is his best weapon. His ability to lock down was something we havent seen for a number of years.
What are you on about?

Surely it was obvious upon watching the game the first time that Hurley dominated Franklin and trade bait, I’ve never read a more sensation load of rubbish. You don’t trade a (soon to be) 3 time all aus leader of your team. We’ve seen the lock down since Neeld left when they’ve gone away from he and Goddard both being loose. We’ve also seen it in previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DapperJong

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
What are you on about?

Surely it was obvious upon watching the game the first time that Hurley dominated Franklin and trade bait, I’ve never read a more sensation load of rubbish. You don’t trade a (soon to be) 3 time all aus leader of your team. We’ve seen the lock down since Neeld left when they’ve gone away from he and Goddard both being loose. We’ve also seen it in previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think the “NO WAY” indicated he was joking.

AFL Club
Essendon
Bumped into Hurls over the weekend. Great bloke! I asked him how the back of his neck was from the bashing Buddy gave it in that contest. He laughed and went on to re-enact it on one of my mates. Said we'll be in very good shape for next year. He also apologised for how rubbish we were at the start of the year and gave me a hug! :rainbow: Safe to say I was well chuffed that he went out of his way to have chat and really engaged with Joe Public. Won't forget it in a hurry :thumbsu:

Donakebab

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
New footage of him out being heckled by some ******* while hes trying to have a good night out.

Then ends up pegging the kebab at said heckler. Good arm too
Torn between yes for dishing out justice and no for wasting the sacred food of the gods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
Essendon
Very solid arm behind that kebab. But "hit the pavement"? wtf? Was some pleb challenging him to a push up contest? The peanut with the phone was probably lucky he didn't end up hitting the pavement himself.

Lore

AFL Club
Essendon
Moderator #5,318
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-09-18/hurleys-coaching-ambitions

Interesting little video from an interview he did with the AFLPA. Talks about doing a Level 2 Coaching course, he's considering coaching as a career after footy but not really sure if it's his passion yet. Also talks about ongoing back pain to the point of getting a couple of epidurals in 2016, but he's been doing a strengthening program that has seen it improve a lot in the last 18 months.

TheGreatBarryB

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Texans, Astros, Leeds
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-09-18/hurleys-coaching-ambitions

Interesting little video from an interview he did with the AFLPA. Talks about doing a Level 2 Coaching course, he's considering coaching as a career after footy but not really sure if it's his passion yet. Also talks about ongoing back pain to the point of getting a couple of epidurals in 2016, but he's been doing a strengthening program that has seen it improve a lot in the last 18 months.
Struggled with back problems in 2016??

Top Bottom