Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Hopefully only jarred it. I did that when playing footy, it hurt like a bitch and I thought I'd done more damage but only missed a couple of weeks.

Didn't look good though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blitzer

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 27, 2006
House
AFL Club
Essendon
Hurley unlucky but man the fitness department needs a massive review come seasons end
The ones that have concerned me the most have been the management of the groin injuries (Daniher and Stewart). Injuries do happen in football. Dev Smith's injury is up for debate but he did win the b&f the previous year (obviously with the pre-existing knee condition) so I think it wasn't unreasonable to be optimistic rather than sending him in for premature surgery. Heppell's the other 'known' condition but we've yet to see if he's going to miss more than just a couple of weeks, if he does then questions will be asked.

scottmclaren

All Australian
Aug 23, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
More bad luck, but Gleeson’s return and form is encouraging plus Hartley, Zerk and Ambrose provide some depth.

That said Its a massive ask to cover both Hurley and Hooker at the same time.

BOMBERS 4 LIFE!!!!

Hall of Famer
Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
The ones that have concerned me the most have been the management of the groin injuries (Daniher and Stewart). Injuries do happen in football. Dev Smith's injury is up for debate but he did win the b&f the previous year (obviously with the pre-existing knee condition) so I think it wasn't unreasonable to be optimistic rather than sending him in for premature surgery. Heppell's the other 'known' condition but we've yet to see if he's going to miss more than just a couple of weeks, if he does then questions will be asked.
I'm just concerned at the ability of the fitness department to get our players fit where they don't get injured.

Top Bottom