Retired #18: Michael Hurley šŸ» - Staying on in a coaching and player welfare role! - 3/10

Remove this Banner Ad

18 - Hurley.jpg

Contract Status: Retired
Last Game Played: Currently in the side
Injury Status: Comes back from injury to play his final game for the club this weekend - 18/8
He's back! Playing a half in the VFL this weekend - 15/7
Joins main training in the next couple of weeks! - 15/6

Had a calf setback, now running again - 28/4

Wants to play a half in the VFL in the next couple of weeks - 30/3

Joined main training? - 3/3
Ahead of schedule, doing some big running loads - 16/2
Progressing well, R1 'too soon' to return, no time frame - 11/1
On track for playing return around Round 6 - 12/3

Ahead of schedule, running soon - 15/12
Hip replacement surgery - 10/10
Placed on the inactive list, will not play in 2021 - 31/5
Hopes to play the last 6 weeks of the season if not sooner - 26/4
At the club daily doing 1-2 hours of exercise for recovery - 23/3
On the mend - 19/3
Apparently using the hot/cold pools at the club, progress? - 5/3
Limping on crutches with an IV at the preseason game - 25/2
Discharged, recuperating at home... again. No time frame on return - 17/2
Apparently back in hospital - 15/2
Discharged from hospital, recuperating at home. No timeframe - 9/2
In hospital with an infected leg - 4/2

My Boy Draft 2022: Claim here

Last edited:

shakeyabonbon

Debutant
Jul 16, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
After the Freo game:
After last night:

A week is a long time in footy. Glad he's only a liability now, not an absolute liability.
Yeah think I got a bit carried away when I said"best game he's ever played" lets ignore the fact that buddy was playing on one leg and Hurley's been putrid in every other game. Racking up cheap possies doing absolutely everything but defending

ChampTurboBucko

All Australian
Jul 17, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah think I got a bit carried away when I said"best game he's ever played" lets ignore the fact that buddy was playing on one leg and Hurley's putrid in every other game. Racking up cheap possies doing absolutely everything but defending
Putrid in every other game!?

You're meant to quit while you're behind, dude.

Yeah think I got a bit carried away when I said"best game he's ever played" lets ignore the fact that buddy was playing on one leg and Hurley's been putrid in every other game. Racking up cheap possies doing absolutely everything but defending
Havenā€™t been watching last two months? Plus he was still ā€˜defendingā€™ before that.

ChampTurboBucko

All Australian
Jul 17, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Could barely move eh? Turn it ******* up a bit more, why don't you? Franklin's not 100% fit but you are making him out to be some sort of cripple, which he is clearly not.

Clearly Hurley left a horse head in your bed once.

Franklin was moving just fine when running at goal after the push in Hurleyā€™s neck. He had pace on his leads and didnā€™t once limp on a heel. Not saying heā€™s not sore, but if heā€™s just a bit sore, weā€™ll guess what? So is every bloody player most weeks. The excuses that came from Horse were just that - excuses. He was 2nd in the Coleman going into the game. Hurley pulled his pants down, plain and simple.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Franklin was moving just fine when running at goal after the push in Hurleyā€™s neck. He had pace on his leads and didnā€™t once limp on a heel. Not saying heā€™s not sore, but if heā€™s just a bit sore, weā€™ll guess what? So is every bloody player most weeks. The excuses that came from Horse were just that - excuses. He was 2nd in the Coleman going into the game. Hurley pulled his pants down, plain and simple.

Here here, well said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jesseb

Cancelled
Feb 24, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Fact is Buddy is a once in generation player and was out there 100% or not and very ready to tear the game apart if allowed. He kicked an unbelievable goal. He's a elite player.

Hurley dominated him. It was a thing of beauty. If you love Essendon get behind him instead of your own statement/ego/whateverthe*. Just enjoy a stellar performance. On his day he's AA easily. And a top bloke.

Bigjobss

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 7, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
The Hurely vs Franklin highlight reel is just beautiful.
A perfect one on one game if it werent for the umps giving Franklin those incorrect frees.

Who gives a s**t if it was 80% Buddy or 100% Buddy. He was the go to man and Hurley dominated him. It was just great to see Mick getting back to what he does best, dominating in a massive way as a genuine defender. At his best and in that role he is every bit as good as Rance is.

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
Had the opportunity to watch the game again and Hurley dominated Franklin. Will gladly put my hand up and say that with the form of Hooker and the option of Hartley in the VFL (and BZT building) we could possibly use Hurley as trade bait. NO WAY!! Was absolutely brilliant on Friday night. He was able to use his disposal after winning the 1:1 which is his best weapon. His ability to lock down was something we havent seen for a number of years.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
still has a propensity to spoil into the corridor rather than kill it over the line. seems a strange flaw for a player who dots all his i's and crosses all t's.

It makes me wonder, is it part of the game plan to spoil corridor, and use it to make an attacking move?

still has a propensity to spoil into the corridor rather than kill it over the line. seems a strange flaw for a player who dots all his i's and crosses all t's.

It makes me wonder, is it part of the game plan to spoil corridor, and use it to make an attacking move?
Fletch used to spoil to teammates turning turning a defensive contest into attacking play so I wouldn't be surprised if they're attempting to use it as an attacking play.

Hurley was interviewed post match on Fox Footy and just reminded Roos that 12 weeks ago he said "Hurley couldn't mind a baby in a pram".

Obviously was carrying that one around for a while. Really showed the world what a super defender he is.

Loved it! so happy for him.
Paul Roos cups his own farts for pleasure, got called out by Woosha too for being a loose defender.
upload_2018-7-30_16-26-37.png

Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Miami Heat
Hurley was interviewed post match on Fox Footy and just reminded Roos that 12 weeks ago he said "Hurley couldn't mind a baby in a pram".

Obviously was carrying that one around for a while. Really showed the world what a super defender he is.

Loved it! so happy for him.

mayhem20202

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2007
Sale, Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United
Had the opportunity to watch the game again and Hurley dominated Franklin. Will gladly put my hand up and say that with the form of Hooker and the option of Hartley in the VFL (and BZT building) we could possibly use Hurley as trade bait. NO WAY!! Was absolutely brilliant on Friday night. He was able to use his disposal after winning the 1:1 which is his best weapon. His ability to lock down was something we havent seen for a number of years.

What are you on about?

Surely it was obvious upon watching the game the first time that Hurley dominated Franklin and trade bait, Iā€™ve never read a more sensation load of rubbish. You donā€™t trade a (soon to be) 3 time all aus leader of your team. Weā€™ve seen the lock down since Neeld left when theyā€™ve gone away from he and Goddard both being loose. Weā€™ve also seen it in previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back