Retired #18: Michael Hurley šŸ» - Staying on in a coaching and player welfare role! - 3/10

18 - Hurley.jpg

Contract Status: Retired
Last Game Played: Currently in the side
Injury Status: Comes back from injury to play his final game for the club this weekend - 18/8
He's back! Playing a half in the VFL this weekend - 15/7
Joins main training in the next couple of weeks! - 15/6

Had a calf setback, now running again - 28/4

Wants to play a half in the VFL in the next couple of weeks - 30/3

Joined main training? - 3/3
Ahead of schedule, doing some big running loads - 16/2
Progressing well, R1 'too soon' to return, no time frame - 11/1
On track for playing return around Round 6 - 12/3

Ahead of schedule, running soon - 15/12
Hip replacement surgery - 10/10
Placed on the inactive list, will not play in 2021 - 31/5
Hopes to play the last 6 weeks of the season if not sooner - 26/4
At the club daily doing 1-2 hours of exercise for recovery - 23/3
On the mend - 19/3
Apparently using the hot/cold pools at the club, progress? - 5/3
Limping on crutches with an IV at the preseason game - 25/2
Discharged, recuperating at home... again. No time frame on return - 17/2
Apparently back in hospital - 15/2
Discharged from hospital, recuperating at home. No timeframe - 9/2
In hospital with an infected leg - 4/2

My Boy Draft 2022: Claim here

Last edited:

DapperJong

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts SFA Good Friday Appeal Spooderman Meme Medal Pantskyle BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 11, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
What are you on about?

Surely it was obvious upon watching the game the first time that Hurley dominated Franklin and trade bait, Iā€™ve never read a more sensation load of rubbish. You donā€™t trade a (soon to be) 3 time all aus leader of your team. Weā€™ve seen the lock down since Neeld left when theyā€™ve gone away from he and Goddard both being loose. Weā€™ve also seen it in previous years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the ā€œNO WAYā€ indicated he was joking.

PressureCooker

All Australian
May 6, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Bumped into Hurls over the weekend. Great bloke! I asked him how the back of his neck was from the bashing Buddy gave it in that contest. He laughed and went on to re-enact it on one of my mates. Said we'll be in very good shape for next year. He also apologised for how rubbish we were at the start of the year and gave me a hug! :rainbow: Safe to say I was well chuffed that he went out of his way to have chat and really engaged with Joe Public. Won't forget it in a hurry :thumbsu:

New footage of him out being heckled by some ******* while hes trying to have a good night out.

Then ends up pegging the kebab at said heckler. Good arm too

New footage of him out being heckled by some ******* while hes trying to have a good night out.

Then ends up pegging the kebab at said heckler. Good arm too

Torn between yes for dishing out justice and no for wasting the sacred food of the gods.

Serious? Got a link to a video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not linking for some reason but it's on the Facebook group AFL Shitposting

Jan 21, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Very solid arm behind that kebab. But "hit the pavement"? wtf? Was some pleb challenging him to a push up contest? The peanut with the phone was probably lucky he didn't end up hitting the pavement himself.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-09-18/hurleys-coaching-ambitions

Interesting little video from an interview he did with the AFLPA. Talks about doing a Level 2 Coaching course, he's considering coaching as a career after footy but not really sure if it's his passion yet. Also talks about ongoing back pain to the point of getting a couple of epidurals in 2016, but he's been doing a strengthening program that has seen it improve a lot in the last 18 months.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-09-18/hurleys-coaching-ambitions

Interesting little video from an interview he did with the AFLPA. Talks about doing a Level 2 Coaching course, he's considering coaching as a career after footy but not really sure if it's his passion yet. Also talks about ongoing back pain to the point of getting a couple of epidurals in 2016, but he's been doing a strengthening program that has seen it improve a lot in the last 18 months.

Struggled with back problems in 2016??

oh he'd have won all of the imaginary games played inside our heads and come home with a trophy he would've. Just that in reality he is on his annual September holidays.

Youā€™re right. Letā€™s never, ever contemplate hypotheticals.

Back