Senior 18. Sam Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the replay again. Walsh is unbelievable.
Very creative and attacking.

Got a bit of the Paul Meldrum about him because he always keeps his feet and can run all day into holes all over the ground.

He will be better than Molly I have no doubts, but that said Molly was a much better player than he gets credit for.

Watching the replay again. Walsh is unbelievable.
Very creative and attacking.

Got a bit of the Paul Meldrum about him because he always keeps his feet and can run all day into holes all over the ground.

He will be better than Molly I have no doubts, but that said Molly was a much better player than he gets credit for.

Be nice to have someone come off the street and ask for a game like Meldrum did - who needs recruiters

It’s time we recognised greatness here when we see it.

There are a sum total of TWO players in history who have done what Walsh has done in his first four games (24 possesions a game).

Walsh and Mark Bairstow.

Bairstow was 23......and couldn’t get 24 in his 5th game...

I saw him first.

Young Mr Walsh gets better each week. What he did today.
Clobbered, in pain, sucked the air in, went back kicked a sausage roll for the team.
Thats serious G&D to go with his work rate and class.
Its something we have been crying out for a long time.
We’re heading in the right direction. In Walsh and Cripps we have two guys who play footy at that rarified level. I haven’t seen the likes of these two in a long, long time.

I'll admit, I wanted Bailey Smith for our first pick. BUT fmd has Walsh shown my error of judgement?!

Tough, running machine, link player, inside/outside mid, selects options under pressure, the sort of player any team would drool over.

In fact Walsh impressed me before the season even started by the reports of his training standards. For a first year player to have reportedly such an effect on other's training standards is unheard of.

Reckon we should keep him ;).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second best mid at the Club - by a country mile I get excited every time he is near any contest and that goal after Witts tried his best to incidentally take his head off was just perfection.

Continues to imporove each week - given the consistency, have to think that he is a good chance for all Australian squad, and possibly the team by year end
AA selectors play pretty conservative as a rule.

Continues to imporove each week - given the consistency, have to think that he is a good chance for all Australian squad, and possibly the team by year end

I'll just be happy if he ends up with the Rising Star...knowing their disdain for Carlton, they'll find a way to give it to some 3rd year tall who's kicked a handful of goals.

Well done young man, got the rising star nomination this week. I am not easily impressed but Walshy is the real deal !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back