Senior 18. Sam Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

:blueheart: :blueheart: :blueheart:

FWFLQxKaUAAMIJA

Thought he showed some genuine ability to break away from congestion yesterday. Nice to see.

I've always thought his speed was underrated. Despite slotting into the AFL and having great strength in the contest, I thought he was still rather undeveloped through the hips.

He was Judd-like yesterday.

I've always thought his speed was underrated. Despite slotting into the AFL and having great strength in the contest, I thought he was still rather undeveloped through the hips.

He was Judd-like yesterday.

The way he picked up the bobbling ball in one centre square stoppage and just took off was very Judd-like. Excellent ball use yesterday, too.

I think there were a couple times too the ball would be bouncing around on the ground as players from both sides were trying to control it and Walsh would just swoop in and one touch it and dish it out. Didn't matter who was going (fumbling) for it, he just took charge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he showed some genuine ability to break away from congestion yesterday. Nice to see.
That was the first time this season he looked like he did last year. He's looked proppy, unable to break clear and a little bit hot potato; not this weekend, he didn't.

If he brings some of the s**t he did last year into the end of this season, there is no reason we can't win the flag and/or go through the rest of the year undefeated. He'll cop a tag, but tagging him means you can't tag Cripps and there is not any way in hell any potential tagger will be able to run to the same extent he can.

That was the first time this season he looked like he did last year. He's looked proppy, unable to break clear and a little bit hot potato; not this weekend, he didn't.

If he brings some of the s**t he did last year into the end of this season, there is no reason we can't win the flag and/or go through the rest of the year undefeated. He'll cop a tag, but tagging him means you can't tag Cripps and there is not any way in hell any potential tagger will be able to run to the same extent he can.

I'm just hopeful the knock he took to the ankle midway through the game didn't aggravate anything. Seemed to move okay afterwards.

Opposition teams always gonna try to say "our player "x" is going to be better than Walsh".

Truth is they're unable to reason with their own envy that Sammy is wrapped in blue and they have this obsession of trying to play down his abilities, or say that their players have more "potential".

It's absolute rubbish and posturing.

It is Walsh they use as the benchmark for prodigal talent in this generation of players. It is Walsh they are obsessed with. It is Walsh they want playing in their colours.

If it came down to it, they would trade their player "x" (Rozee, Rankine, et al.) for Walsh in a heartbeat without a second thought - they would pack player "x's" bags and drive them personally to the airport or to Ikon Park. And those opposition supporters who deny that are just kidding themselves.

Walsh is a generational player - has been from day 1 - and is probably in the top 5 best players in the league at the moment... all this and he's only 21 years old.

The rest of the teams can suck eggs - he IS navy blue and he is OURS!!!

Crazy to think that Sam Walsh could be inside the top 20 for Brownlow votes at our club. This is his fourth year. 😳

Remove this Banner Ad

Back