Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

He is just about the only 100m player we have, the only player who really breaks the line with run and carry. It's been especially evident this year with no boomer.

I'm happy to admit he hasn't progressed as much as I would've
Like and he also makes a number of coach killing me mistakes. But even with those flaws we need to be getting in more players like him,
Not trading them out.
He dont break lines. He begins to. Panics . Doubles back and gets tackled. This of coarse when he dont coudh it up with a terrable disposal. His a grade stuff is very far and between.

Yeah let's trade the fastest person on our list when our team at times looks horribly slow.
I can see that working really well for us o_O
Did you see Mountford's game on sunday ??........runs quite quickly but the kid doesnt panic ( most of the time, ala like Atley) Mountford actually stops, props and waits for the right moment to pull the trigger. Mountford's a definitely an upgrade on Atley.

Did you see Mountford's game on sunday ??........runs quite quickly but the kid doesnt panic ( most of the time, ala like Atley) Mountford actually stops, props and waits for the right moment to pull the trigger. Mountford's a definitely an upgrade on Atley.

But was Mountford touted as the next James Hird?

Brett Anderson mentioned on his 'On the clock' podcast that Atley might be on the trade table this year.

What would he be worth picks wise?

Why would trade our quickest player after his best season? We're the club that needs him the most in the league so it'd be a pretty bad call imo, plus I reckon he started to show some really good signs up the ground in the 2nd half of the year. His versatility is a real asset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would trade our quickest player after his best season? We're the club that needs him the most in the league so it'd be a pretty bad call imo, plus I reckon he started to show some really good signs up the ground in the 2nd half of the year. His versatility is a real asset.

I started thinking that mid-season, but after that I spent some time out of Australia and came back for the last month to find that he had gone backwards again. So many basic, ridiculous mistakes. From a 150 gamer?

His pace is certainly his asset, but it has never been consistently used to the benefit of the team.

Brett Anderson mentioned on his 'On the clock' podcast that Atley might be on the trade table this year.

What would he be worth picks wise?
Brett Anderson knows * all.
Just another Melbourne Demons peaheart who gets paid to talk s**t

Brett Anderson knows **** all.
Just another Melbourne Demons peaheart who gets paid to talk s**t

You're probably right. Having said that I don't mind Anderson. Mostly for his junior footy & draft coverage

Atley would net a mid 20s pick imo. Someone out there would think they could utilise him better than Bard and be sucked in by his blistering pace...

If a pick anywhere in the 20's is offered we should bite immediately.

Would be lucky to get in the 30's from any other club.

Remember they do watch our games.

Not sure why you would say that. He didn't kill it up the ground in the H&A this year.

Unless by "kill" you mean murdering the football. Then yes.
Except that he kind of did. One of 3 NM players in the 30 most improved from 2016-17 according to CD.
I'm not crying out for him to be moved on, but if the opportunity to sell high comes up, we have a pair of Williamses on the list who can provide some pace in defence and on the wing.

In the Herald-Sun article on which AFL player runs the most during games, Atley is mentioned as having the fastest single sprint all season against the hawks down in Tassie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back