Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

I despertely want Ats to play higher up the ground but it's tough with the likes of:

Hrovat (who can't play anywhere else)
Garner (who's a jet)
Turner (who will struggle to play many games in 2018 IMO)
Simpkin (who is ultra talented)
Wood (who is ultra talented)

all in the team. So either two of these guys have got to go or Ats is gonna be doing the same thing he's been doing for the last 6-7 years.

Ats would flourish in a midfield that had more pace around him... I think that he would be a real winner if we got Kelly... opposition would focus more on Kelly / Cunners... Ats wins in this scenario!

I despertely want Ats to play higher up the ground but it's tough with the likes of:

Hrovat (who can't play anywhere else)
Garner (who's a jet)
Turner (who will struggle to play many games in 2018 IMO)
Simpkin (who is ultra talented)
Wood (who is ultra talented)

all in the team. So either two of these guys have got to go or Ats is gonna be doing the same thing he's been doing for the last 6-7 years.
I don't want to derail the Ats thread, but why do you think Turner will struggle for games in '18? He was 2nd behind BB in our goal kicking for half the year until he got injured.

Back to Ats - 11 goals and somewhere round 20 goal assists. Dunno if they mean score chain involvements by that or immediate goal assists but either way sometimes you have to look to see a players value.

There was one game earlier in the year when he was spudding things up a bit and I was writing him off and noticed he was in a significant number of plays in GRs "every goal" video for that game. Taking notice of that afterward in subsequent games and he did pop up a bit. He's probably been doing that sort of thing a lot more than he gets credit for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His bad decisions stick out because his runs really break play open. He will continue to make some horrendous errors but his value within in the team far outweighs the trade currency he has.

It's a tad difficult to kick 20 a year when you are playing on a half back flank
No, but he hasn't played primariliy as a forward either.

Easier to get touches though.

And he is yet to average 20 plus in a season.

But I'm sure next year will be the one!!! Or the one after!!! Or the one after that!!!!

Will end up easily the worst 300 game footballer ever to play.

Back to Ats - 11 goals and somewhere round 20 goal assists. Dunno if they mean score chain involvements by that or immediate goal assists but either way sometimes you have to look to see a players value.

There was one game earlier in the year when he was spudding things up a bit and I was writing him off and noticed he was in a significant number of plays in GRs "every goal" video for that game. Taking notice of that afterward in subsequent games and he did pop up a bit. He's probably been doing that sort of thing a lot more than he gets credit for.
3rd at the club in score involvements with 122 @ 5.1 per game. 18 goal assists, with Higgo's 19 the club leader.

If the score involvement total includes your own scores, which I think it does, the top few for non-scoring score involvements are

Higgins 109
Cunnington 94
Atley 90
Hrovat 89
Goldstein 86
Gibson 85
Dumont 85
Ziebell 82
Brown 48 (93 of his involvements were his own shots)

His score involvements are fine, i'd like to know his consistent mindless/inexcusable **** ups that cost us as much or more the other way.

Oh there isn't a Stat for that? :rolleyes:

I like his positive side, but he is just so momentum killing. Off to GWS please.

His score involvements are fine, i'd like to know his consistent mindless/inexcusable **** ups that cost us as much or more the other way.

Oh there isn't a Stat for that? :rolleyes:

I like his positive side, but he is just so momentum killing. Off to GWS please.

Clangers

Yep. Not amount necessarily, but his are just so costly.

Can't remember the opposition but in a later game in year he single handedly lost us the game. Repeatedly got in very dangerous spots due to his mates top work and ****ed us time and again.

TV killer stuff.

He is ranked 12 for clangers with 40 behind (in order):

Cunners (79), JZ (77), Higgo & LMac (70), Frog and Taz (61), Thommo (52), Spitta (46), Browny (45), Gibbo and Garner (44).

At least 4, but probably more of those players' clangers directly cost us games this year, some more than one game. FWIW

Easier to get touches though.

And he is yet to average 20 plus in a season.

But I'm sure next year will be the one!!! Or the one after!!! Or the one after that!!!!

Will end up easily the worst 300 game footballer ever to play.
You can get touches anywhere. I think you need to takema short break from posting or lay off the booze or drugs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back