Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

hqdefault.jpg

"I believe that jacket belongs to this man"

RAY%20Farren.png

I genuinely forgot he played a game for us.

Played well as a defensive forward. Thought he provided plenty of pressure.

Played his role well. Applied good defensive pressure.

10 score involvements, second only behind Waite (11). To add perspective the winner of this stat last year was Lance Franklin who averaged 9.12 for the season.

All he has to do is hit the scoreboard himself.

What were his PA's like GR?

Played his role well. Applied good defensive pressure.

10 score involvements, second only behind Waite (11). To add perspective the winner of this stat last year was Lance Franklin who averaged 9.12 for the season.

All he has to do is hit the scoreboard himself.

What were his PA's like GR?
19 pressure acts.3 tackles.

19 pressure acts.3 tackles.

.............and 10 score involvements. LOL.

His only let down on the day was my semi-drunken induced non inclusion in the whipping boy thread.

Was impressed how he composed himself with the ball a few times into and around 50 as the game wore on even though he was in tight situations. Reckon he took note of Davies-Uniacke who set that example in showing his class.

When a HFF returns 19 pressure acts and 10 score involvements, the only thing they have left to add is a couple of goals to earn a 10 out of 10 game.

8 out of 10 vs StKilda yesterday. I expect this will be represented in the round 2 Syd Barker votes.

He looks so much more comfortable with Billy Hartung in the side. One of the things about Hartung's signing that probably gets overlooked is that Billy plays that running off half back game better and leaves Ats free to use his speed and skill up forward where it really helps us. He kicked 3 behinds yesterday (hardly on his own there and that seems to happen when the roof is open at Etihad,) but probably would have had the two goals (at least) Snake wanted for a 10/10 game had the roof been shut.

I found it amusing how the commentary team were talking about Atley playing at half-forward like it was a new thing, and not his spot since halfway through last year.
Similar thing with Spud Frawley on SEN. Listening on the way home and he mentions Clarke and that he was playing half back instead of in the midfield like it was a once off or a new thing.

Whilst he was 0.3 on the scoreboard, I loved how he backed himself on those shots especially when the pressure was mounting with so many missed set shots from the team. Seems high on confidence. This confidence can also be seen watching him in tight congested areas, seems much more composed and can break a tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having Ats and Hartung in the midfield makes us a different and potentially higher scoring team.
Has added a lot of pace too. Add Decs and possibly Willy Walker and our need for speed will be a long distant memory.

Has added a lot of pace too. Add Decs and possibly Willy Walker and our need for speed will be a long distant memory.
Wright to half back for Clarke also gives us plenty of class off hb.

Williams - Taz - EVW

Wright - Thompson - J Mac

Hartung - Jacobs - L Mac

Atley - Waite - Hvorat

Ziebell - Brown - Turner

Goldy - Higgo - Cunnington

IC: LDU, Simpkin, Dec, Anderson

That’s a well balanced side for mine.

2 good games this season. Needs to average a goal a game, but happy with him. I've been a big Atley doubter in the past, so I'm hoping to be proven wrong about him.

I think he is really enjoying his footy across half forward this year. Haven’t seen his head drop at all like it used to when he made a mistake in the backline.

Being able to hunt the ball carrier suits him perfectly. He is also really good at getting front and centre.

One of the biggest positives from this year I think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back