Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep a great start to the year, and I think we've finally found his ideal position.
If needed he could certainly still do a role down back too which is always handy.
Hard to see how he doesn't play 250 - 300 games for us tbh.

Tom brown saying Atley has trade currency ..

The smart/mercenary thing to do would be put off extension talks, flush out some interest and offers to get a gauge for what compo band he might attract, then either lock him in or set him free accordingly.

I have my doubts that we’re that mercenary, though we have so far delayed extension talks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

15. SHAUN ATLEY, 25 (NORTH MELBOURNE)

Drafted from: Murray, Vic

Games: 160

Restricted free agent

Has speed and durability, but yet to become a star. Looks great on the burst, but how much does he impact games? Only polled two Brownlow votes in his first seven seasons. Reckon the Kangaroos will reassess later in the year. Might be one who needs fresh surrounds to go up a gear.

90a5cb9873a2ca2f85fbc7c646925c6b

Shaun Atley is on the radar of a few clubs. Picture: Getty Images

15. SHAUN ATLEY, 25 (NORTH MELBOURNE)

Drafted from: Murray, Vic

Games: 160

Restricted free agent

Has speed and durability, but yet to become a star. Looks great on the burst, but how much does he impact games? Only polled two Brownlow votes in his first seven seasons. Reckon the Kangaroos will reassess later in the year. Might be one who needs fresh surrounds to go up a gear.

90a5cb9873a2ca2f85fbc7c646925c6b

Shaun Atley is on the radar of a few clubs. Picture: Getty Images
Yeah like Brownlow votes are that important. *****. Just like the muppets who give Brownlow votes

I thought his speed was important on the weekend.

That double effort where he started defensive side of the wing, broke the lines, hit a target in the corridor and got the return handball was sensational, and probably play of the night if he slotted the goal.

He is having a pretty big impact in our forward half his year, just needs to keep hitting the scoreboard.

Been good all year, but why not get pick 42 for him?

42? If he was to go as a FA he is in good enough form to get second rounder money which means the afl would give us a 7th rounder. No deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back