Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

When he backs himself in he's something else. Like the pies game.
Makes a massive difference for a bloke who takes off like the clappers and he can see somebody making position up the field. How many times did Atley run then have to stop and retreat because there was nobody ahead of him in any position to receive? Last night the targets presented (not just for Atley) and north were potent!

Would have capped off a good outing if he nailed that goal.

Sure would have. That was one we want to see go through every time in 2020+

Need to watch again with the 'real time' stress out of it but it did feel like he played very decisively.
I feel like he was getting to the right places and always received the ball in attacking areas.

Definitely felt like Shaw had some input on his positioning as he was very effective.

Just needed to take that shot at goal in the 2nd? after his run. The very next play Simpkin told everyone to get the * out of the way, he was 100% committed to having a s**t. I wish Atley did that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just needed to take that shot at goal in the 2nd? after his run. The very next play Simpkin told everyone to get the fu** out of the way, he was 100% committed to having a s**t. I wish Atley did that.

He was a bit further out than Simpkin, though. Regardless, I would have liked him to have a ping. Just like he did against Sydney in the 2015 semi.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't want to rag on him, but the most under the radar 200 games in the clubs history. I guess that's what happens when you average 17 touches 0.2 goals a game as a running half back, with not many lockdown responsibilities with questionable skills at times.

Should thank god every day for his pace, congrats on the 200, but it probably represents where the clubs been for the last decade.

He's only 28, could quite easily reach 300 games, let that sink in for a second.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back