Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
What the fu** are you doing here trawling through 10 yo posts?

What's so unbelievable about Josh Gibson trawling through search engines for his own name?

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yep, that's the sort of loss that changes your brain chemistry.

I think the word you are searching for is "traumatic".

He was a dead man walking when the siren sounded on that match. It was over.

When we get to the point where he’s not, we’re off to the races.
The sooner that comes the better.
Just an ineffectual footballer who is gifted with pace and zero brains to use it.

Can’t understand how often he is the release handball on the end of several chains and each time he has his direct opponent right on his hammer.
I don’t see Saad or Williams or Jetta get caught holding the ball as much as Atley does and he surely matches them for pace.

A real concern and he is terribly out of form but we are light on for options.
Pittard for starters should go before him but I can’t see him being part of our next flag push, whenever that may come.

Jan 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The sooner that comes the better.
Just an ineffectual footballer who is gifted with pace and zero brains to use it.

Can’t understand how often he is the release handball on the end of several chains and each time he has his direct opponent right on his hammer.
I don’t see Saad or Williams or Jetta get caught holding the ball as much as Atley does and he surely matches them for pace.

A real concern and he is terribly out of form but we are light on for options.
Pittard for starters should go before him but I can’t see him being part of our next flag push, whenever that may come.
How afar away is Perez? Our half backs are piss poor. I don’t see how any of Atley, Jmac or Pittard can be our medium backs if we are going to have a serious assault at a flag.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
How afar away is Perez? Our half backs are piss poor. I don’t see how any of Atley, Jmac or Pittard can be our medium backs if we are going to have a serious assault at a flag.
He seems to be a fair while away. Realistically this year would be about setting him up for 2021.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

May 24, 2005
Covid Central
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos
I think Atley’s performance in his 200th game was very fitting.
Lots of indecisiveness with ball in hand. Poor decision making. Lots of fumbling. Unable to lay a tackle. Unable to break a tackle.

if you watched that game without knowing it was Atley’s 200th, you’d be forgiven for assuming it was his 5th or 6th game of AFL.

With the fear of stating the obvious, he is a very limited footballer with a bit of leg speed. To have squeezed out 200 games is one hell of an effort by him.
The scary thing is, I don’t think 300 games is beyond him. Unfortunately.

Bit of an indictment on both him and McMillan that they sent a 3rd gamer in Hayden to Heeney instead of one of these blokes.
I’d love to know who made the call. Was it a straight swap Pittard to Kyrons man and vice versa.
Did we not want to upset Macmillan’s matchup?
From what I’ve seen Jamie may have been playing tall but we had Mcartin, Blakey and the late change covered.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It’s purely psychological with Atley. Has the pure pace to break games open, but always seems hestitant to use it to take the game on.

If he had the mentality of Adam Saad, he would be an absolute weapon.

Unfortunately after 200 games I can’t see him changing, so until someone else demands his spot, we are probably stuck with the frustration that is Shaun Atley.

I think they need to send him to hypnotherapist and just drum into him....... run, run, run and take on the game.

Back