Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

He survives because no one is good enough or is on the list yet to take his spot. Will play 240 minimum, then likely kept on as we probably need senior players. Easily gets to 2023.

Easily a keep but..

If I had one wish for Shaun, it'd be to stop stopping and propping. Mate, you have the vision and awareness of Elton John after an all-in bender don't stop as if you're Boomer or Robert Harvey and are going to deceive anyone with a sudden unexpected sideways movement and amazing lateral pass.

You have 2 very effective modes - kick it immediately or run off and use your pace before an admittedly decent pass. Choose one and do it. Anytime you stop and think the chain of play breaks in half.

2 SERIOUS questions:

1. Has Atley ever taken on an oncoming opponent and tried to get around him?

2. if so, did he succeed?

I honestly can’t recall Atley ever bouncing the ball out of defence, and then attempting to evade on oncoming opponent. I’d love to see some footage of him doing this if anyone has it.

Easily a keep but..

If I had one wish for Shaun, it'd be to stop stopping and propping. Mate, you have the vision and awareness of Elton John after an all-in bender don't stop as if you're Boomer or Robert Harvey and are going to deceive anyone with a sudden unexpected sideways movement and amazing lateral pass.

You have 2 very effective modes - kick it immediately or run off and use your pace before an admittedly decent pass. Choose one and do it. Anytime you stop and think the chain of play breaks in half.

Couldn't have said it better, it is my biggest gripe with Atley and the way he plays.

I've never known a player to be absolutely petrified of using his own skills in the way it would pay off for them.

His last month has been terrible. Averaged 13.5 disposals and 1 tackle per game over the last month.

He gives us absolutely nothing even lowered his colours to Lachie Bloody Schultz today.

Where does he go from here? I don’t think his best is good enough for a contending side (even though we are a long way off that)

His last month has been terrible. Averaged 13.5 disposals and 1 tackle per game over the last month.

He gives us absolutely nothing even lowered his colours to Lachie Bloody Schultz today.

Where does he go from here? I don’t think his best is good enough for a contending side (even though we are a long way off that)

Still easily best 22 mate come on

Get him out of defence. Play him as a defensive forward. The ball comes out to easily and we need some some experience to balance our forward line. Before garner and Ziebell it was very young. Ziebell should be 50/50 mid/forward to get him in the game.

Atley at least is going to have more impact in the game in the F50.

We have his replacement. Perez everything Shaun isn’t.

He will probably flourish elsewhere but a 3rd or 4th rounder will do.

Make sure any vision of when he hand passed into Zurhaars back as they were running through the middle of the ground is burnt and deleted though.

We have his replacement. Perez everything Shaun isn’t.

He will probably flourish elsewhere but a 3rd or 4th rounder will do.

Make sure any vision of when he hand passed into Zurhaars back as they were running through the middle of the ground is burnt and deleted though.

You'd be burning more than that footage. All the non-tackles when he could have made them would be offputting to any suitors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd be burning more than that footage. All the non-tackles when he could have made them would be offputting to any suitors.

The non tackles are just standard now.

But hey, he wasn’t out worse. Or was he?

Atley reminds me of that country footballer that rocks up to training looking like an Adonis but is an absolute s**t truck that is lucky to get on the bench in the two’s.

With Atley we all know he has electric pace, but like the above said country footballer has NFI how to make use of what he is blessed with.

Hopefully not at North same goes for McMillan both finished
You can see how mediocrity sets in to a team that lacks depth and has no choice to continue to play journeymen. Its both an indictment on our list that he has played 200 games and an indictment that Ats hasn't improved beyond a journeyman.

Last edited:
Atley reminds me of that country footballer that rocks up to training looking like an Adonis but is an absolute sh*t truck that is lucky to get on the bench in the two’s.

With Atley we all know he has electric pace, but like the above said country footballer has NFI how to make use of what he is blessed with.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back