Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

The argument I always used was we’d miss his pace but tbh we don’t even see it anymore, haven’t for ages.

His pace doesn't matter when he hits the opposition on the tit every time lol

I wasn’t able to watch the game tonight. I guess I’ll have to check it out later. I’m curious as to why most of the vitriol is being aimed at a guy who amassed equal top disposals. I guess pre-conceived notions are always hard to get past in a bad loss.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wasn’t able to watch the game tonight. I guess I’ll have to check it out later. I’m curious as to why most of the vitriol is being aimed at a guy who amassed equal top disposals. I guess pre-conceived notions are always hard to get past in a bad loss.

Don’t wast your time watching
Atley is a football club killer

You won't be curious when you watch the game.

It's because of what he did with those disposals in the first half. If his whole game was like the second half then it would have been an OK/good game overall.

He actually did a really good job distributing the ball ... to guys in red and yellow singlets.

Watch the 2nd quarter and all will be revealed.

I feel like if our team isn't full of stars knowing what Atley will do next, he isn't gonna be a gun.

How'd we go from...

"Go ATS! Watch him take it from half-back and burn his opponent for a goal. * he's gonna be something."

to...

"* Ats has got it I hope he makes the kick..."

I tryyyy to defend this guy, thinking it's just not clicking and that he needs support. But I am basically done after tonight.

Put.
The fork...
In him. Gone. Such a shame too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atley is quick, yet opponents seem to leg it, straight past him. It's like he's got a cement head, along with cement legs, at times.

He has the turning circle, of a tractor. Get him running off Hb, in straight lines, sweet as.

If he's missed a ball and has to quickly turn, to chase an opponent, seeya ******* later.

Stats aren't everything. Given the rebuild, it doesn't make sense to field a mediocre veteran player who continually makes rookie mistakes (especially after 200 games of experience). I would much prefer to pump more games into the younger players, at least these types of skill errors are understandable. Luffy and co have recruited well, from a small sample size it looks like we have unearthed some gems in Powell and Lazarro.

Atley has been a really loyal servant to the club, however it's well past due that hes made to play for his spot in the starting lineup.

Anyone notice Oleg Markov’s run and carry? At least on 4 seperate occasions he started a chain of posession across half back and followed up to be involved again across half forward.

Very rare we see that follow up work from Atley. Stops, stutters, kicks long down the line and that’s it. Frustrating footballer.

Anyone notice Oleg Markov’s run and carry? At least on 4 seperate occasions he started a chain of posession across half back and followed up to be involved again across half forward.

Very rare we see that follow up work from Atley. Stops, stutters, kicks long down the line and that’s it. Frustrating footballer.
Spot on

He was exactly what we needed when we drafted him. And he looked so good early.
Unbelievable how average he's been.
I put a lot of blame on Scotts for how he handled him. Instead of pushing him to become better he let Atley stagnate.
I know lots of our past players joke about the fact he's a 200 game player.
Sad.

I feel for Shaun because the serial shitcanners make some horrendously ridiculous judgements about him, but last night he earned it, and boy are they all falling over each other to justify themselves today.

The problem with continually criticizing a footballer is that eventually you will be correct, even if its Wayne Carey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back