Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a particular reason Atley is a focus other than people personally not liking him as a player?
No I think it's all down to him as a player. He's completely inoffensive otherwise.
There could be an element of unfulfilled expectations. Remember the good old days when we were all mouthing off about how he was going to better than Heppell? Ah, memories. Turns out Dyson set a pretty low bar and Shaun still managed to limbo under it (actually got half way under, froze, decided against the limbo after all, tried to back out and tripped over his feet).

No I think it's all down to him as a player. He's completely inoffensive otherwise.
There could be an element of unfulfilled expectations. Remember the good old days when we were all mouthing off about how he was going to better than Heppell? Ah, memories. Turns out Dyson set a pretty low bar and Shaun still managed to limbo under it (actually got half way under, froze, decided against the limbo after all, tried to back out and tripped over his feet).

All of that, plus it's appropriate that Atley is the focus in the Atley thread :thumbsu:

Getting 2 guys for 1 from the GoDees and it still didn't bloody work out for us.
How so?

We shipped off our back up ruckman for him, and in turn, the GoDees turned him into pick 31.

Win/win

I havnt actually seen Tom Dyson play yet, but massive raps on him apparently.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

How so?

We shipped off our back up ruckman for him, and in turn, the GoDees turned him into pick 31.

Win/win

I havnt actually seen Tom Dyson play yet, but massive raps on him apparently.

Didn’t watch the first two rounds? He lit it up with a big 13 possessions across each game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Think he’s very lucky that Polec and Anderson were injured. Cannot see us dropping more then 1 (absolute max 2) senior player on top of losing those two. Turner & Hall will go before him.

This. He has to go forward if he is in the team. I suspect with Polec, Tyson, Hall probably in the contract gun before him, he'll be lingering on the list for at least another year.

This. He has to go forward if he is in the team. I suspect with Polec, Tyson, Hall probably in the contract gun before him, he'll be lingering on the list for at least another year.

No.

Cut.

We showed our hand last year we are basically starting up and all of Tyson, Campbell, Hall and Atley are gone.

Complete joke if we recontract any of them considering who we cut previously then.

Didn’t watch the first two rounds? He lit it up with a big 13 possessions across each game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
That was Dom Tyson, im talking about the other bloke we got in the Preuss deal.

Edit: it's a pisstake choppy

Last edited:
As long as they do everything in their power not to get this guy to 300 games, I’m all good. Keep him round for a bit of experience, then when develop a half back with some skill, chop him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming up for 200 games in a couple of weeks.
I feel like he just treads water. Makes 5th gamer errors still.
Watched him off the ball today. He ball watches when we have it and runs to all the wrong areas - almost refuses to run into space and wanders sideways.
Similarly when we’re defending - watches the ball and has little awareness of opponent who seems to run off with ease.
I reckon opposition coaches put * all effort into combating him each week cos he is such an impotent footballer who has below average impact and never improves.
Has dined out on his pace for 200 games and seems to never adjust to team needs. Clarkson would have dumped him seasons ago for draft picks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A classic atley game today, far from our worst but made his standard elementary blunders. The frustration is obviously that he is bog average and would never have played close to 200 games with any other team. Unfortunately our defensive injury issues will see him picked again next week

I thought he was alright?

Especially when the ball was hot and intense, he didn't crack under pressure. Remained composed with the ball until an option opened up.

He plays faster and better when there are blokes presenting in front of him. With the F50 structure issues, I wouldn't expect him to be too aggressive.

A classic atley game today, far from our worst but made his standard elementary blunders. The frustration is obviously that he is bog average and would never have played close to 200 games with any other team. Unfortunately our defensive injury issues will see him picked again next week

Hasn't David McKay played 200?

I thought he was at his best when he was playing forward pocket in 2018, doesn't have to think too much.

Has it been suggested that he tag? It's too late now but if he was thrown into a tagging role in the years "Atley will go to the midfield this year" circa 2013-16 he could've been anything. After Jacobs started tagging he began the ability to know how to be effective and even pushed forward forcing players he was tagging to defend

On Pixel 3a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back