Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

What gives you that impression?

He had just about got a lock on a spot before the injuries, and the coach seems to like him
He was getting games 12 months ago. Since then he has had a few injuries and Ziebell, Hall, Bonar and Atu (who are all better ball users) have gone past him in the backline. Throw in Perez who we all hope will be a best 22 lock and it's looking grim for Kyron unfortunately.

I'm tipping he's back next week for a farewell game.

Nah, i still think he needs to be given another year to be phase out because the team still need some experienced bodies in the team to hold the line.

Atley is one of those who never get injured.

The other senior players are as fragile as the junior ones so they are far less useful.

If i remember correctly, the durability of anderson and polec are hardly better than bonar, thomas.

In a premiership team, atley would be a very important middle player to fulfill a specific role.

He was getting games 12 months ago. Since then he has had a few injuries and Ziebell, Hall, Bonar and Atu (who are all better ball users) have gone past him in the backline. Throw in Perez who we all hope will be a best 22 lock and it's looking grim for Kyron unfortunately.

Kyron is only 22 so he should be persisted.

We need a rangy half back there somewhere.

Atley might be I trouble.

I get the feeling your either in Nobles plans or you aren’t?

I don’t think he will be keeping Atley around if he thinks he has better options?

I would also think Atley might be encouraged to look for a new club if Noble tells him that he might have to play his way in from the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atley might be I trouble.

I get the feeling your either in Nobles plans or you aren’t?

I don’t think he will be keeping Atley around if he thinks he has better options?

I would also think Atley might be encouraged to look for a new club if Noble tells him that he might have to play his way in from the VFL.

Atley in a nutshell is a tall rangy defender who has good leg speed, his secondary feature is that he is very robust.

Do we have a replacement for him that fits the discription?

Atley in a nutshell is a tall rangy defender who has good leg speed, his secondary feature is that he is very robust.

Do we have a replacement for him that fits the discription?
The fact that Noble has chosen not to play him even though he is fit, pretty much tells you all you need.

He is not in Nobles best 22, so he could be in trouble.

Not having a contract after Round 22 isn't great.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Especially when you add not being in the best 22 to that.

Seems like he is in a bit of strife.

I think this new regime is going to be pretty ruthless while we are in the rebuilding phase.

If you aren’t a part of the future or a player that can add value to a developing group, then you could be on the way out?

Especially when you add not being in the best 22 to that.

Seems like he is in a bit of strife.

I think this new regime is going to be pretty ruthless while we are in the rebuilding phase.

If you aren’t a part of the future or a player that can add value to a developing group, then you could be on the way out?

Dynasties are not built on being nice.

Players are not on cushy salaries that don't have to do a lot.

Once you are in that position it's much harder to get out.

I suppose atley has had a good 10 years where he enjoyed the confidence of scott.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back