Past #18: Shaun Atley - delisted end '21 - 237 NM games / 44 NM goals - thanks Ats

Remove this Banner Ad

I cannot wait for the day that I never have to see this useless c**t's name listed on our team announcement. You could not name a less deserving 200+ game player in north's history.

Thought he was a big chance to get dropped this week. Has played 229 of a possible 238 games for North since drafted, including 143 of the last 146. Remarkable.

In fairness to At's, I would expect he got thrown in to Hayden's spot at the last minute so the could put Scott further up the ground. It wasn't a good match up.
True. And to give such an experienced player a role on a rookie small forward was asking for trouble. Ats is at his best when he doesn't have an opponent & can take uncontested marks & chip the ball sideways.

I cannot wait for the day that I never have to see this useless c**t's name listed on our team announcement. You could not name a less deserving 200+ game player in north's history.
You are a bad person and you should be ashamed of having an opinion like this.

The bashing of Atley for the Weightman matchup is ridiculous.

One goal was from an atrocious Turner turnover where he was in the right spot, the next (whilst on Turner) he was awarded a highly dubious mark.
Another was on a lead from a pinpoint kick from another dogshit turnover (can't remember who).
The moment he was thrown to the square one out, McDonald should have went to
him.
Shaun has his much publicised limitations , but the criticism regarding this matchup is wrong.

He will likely get Petrucelle/Cripps this week , which is a decent matchup for him

You are a bad person and you should be ashamed of having an opinion like this.

yeah, sorry - four weeks of being bedridden with illness straight into NSW lockdown has made me lose a lot of patience with everything - should refrain from posting for a while. Regardless, he is terrible and shouldn't be getting a game.

One goal was from an atrocious Turner turnover where he was in the right spot, the next (whilst on Turner) he was awarded a highly dubious mark.
Another was on a lead from a pinpoint kick from another dogshit turnover (can't remember who).
him.
Shaun has his much publicised limitations , but the criticism regarding this matchup is wrong.

He will likely get Petrucelle/Cripps this week , which is a decent matchup for him

Cripps hasn’t been in the same post code as the ball for a while.

Will kick at least four.

him.

How dare we expect a small defender to play on a small forward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shannon Watt says hi

Shannon came at the end of an era. Did it tough being asked to play full-back. Hall, Franklin, Gehrig, Lloyd, Fevola. Big monsters.

Added note; Shannon was the last player in the competition to play a whole season in 2007. He played every minute of every game in a whole season.

Also add in here. Remember rd.1 2001 ? Shannon flew for a mark in front of Lloyd who grabbed the top of his jumper in the air, pulled him backwards with force where Shannon smashed his head on the ground. He then had a seizure whilst lying there.

Could have ended career right there. Tougher than he looked.

p.s. l have never, ever forgiven Lloyd

Also add in here. Remember rd.1 2001 ? Shannon flew for a mark in front of Lloyd who grabbed the top of his jumper in the air, pulled him backwards with force where Shannon smashed his head on the ground. He then had a seizure whilst lying there.

I do remember that

Yeah had an absolute shocker last week but has been ok...just ok

Lloyd was a dog of a player, would happily cut off a team-mate to make sure he got the goal.

yeah, sorry - four weeks of being bedridden with illness straight into NSW lockdown has made me lose a lot of patience with everything - should refrain from posting for a while. Regardless, he is terrible and shouldn't be getting a game.
Wishing you a speedy recovery

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back