NFL (19/20) Super Bowl LIV: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

Game Predictions...(1 vote per category, 7 votes total)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Manning and Brady were better than Marino
better?
brady scored the patriots 14 pts in four full playoff games, 14 pts in 16 qtrs of play...all in the era of pass happy rules.

whilst marino scored the dolphins 70 pts in that same 16 qtr span.

and 10 is double mannings 5 btw

better?
brady scored the patriots 14 pts in four full playoff games, 14 pts in 16 qtrs of play...all in the era of pass happy rules.

whilst marino scored the dolphins 70 pts in that same 16 qtr span.

and 10 is double mannings 5 btw
They both had better TD/INT ratios than Marino. That's what the graphic is highlighting you lunatic. You think I don't know Tom got carried to his first SB? They didn't put any other statistics because they don't want to accidentally red pill the Brady nut huggers

Can we stop comparing silly QB stats from way different eras?
Back in the old days teams were not as fast, there was much less zone played, and teams tended to be more balanced.
some teams now just throw 5yd passes to a WR matched up with the LB's. a TE now is the same body type as a DE 35 years ago.

WR's are monsters now. and people will say that in the 80's they used stickem but thats nothing compared to what the gloves do now.
ESPN did a thing on the gloves a few years ago on MNF countdown. its hard to not make catches now.

City has a lot to do with it. And it's a good stadium too wtf
the superdome is a dump. and looks even worse on TV. its one of the worst TV viewing experiences.
For me its the polar opposite of the Rose bowl. the look of the stadium/field take away from the game and limit how good it can be.
Its like Marvel stadium for AFL. against every other AFL ground. its trash.

New Orleans its self is a great city as long as you stay away from some parts of Bourbon st and all the dumb tourists.
French quarter is too nice to limit it to bourbon st.

Back in the old days teams were not as fast, there was much less zone played, and teams tended to be more balanced.
some teams now just throw 5yd passes to a WR matched up with the LB's. a TE now is the same body type as a DE 35 years ago.

WR's are monsters now. and people will say that in the 80's they used stickem but thats nothing compared to what the gloves do now.
ESPN did a thing on the gloves a few years ago on MNF countdown. its hard to not make catches now.

Also rule changes. Just can’t emphasise the magnitude of the ‘94 changes, such as...

-to ensure that defensive backs could not jam receivers more than five yards down the field

-giving offensive lineman the option of lining up with one foot behind the line of scrimmage

-emphasizing the roughing the passer rule, to deter defenders from hitting the quarterback after he released the ball

-adding radio transmitters to quarterbacks’ helmets so coaches could talk directly to their QBs.

QBs from pre this era had to put up with a shedload more.

Yeah i know. but the NFL can always make an exception to its rules.

They made one for the Super Bowl in NY where the rule is for the average Feb weather to be 50F.

I would love nothing more than for a Super Bowl at Lambeau or the Rose Bowl. but realistically i dont see either of them getting one.
Im still sad that the Rams went with the LA memorial Colosseum as the temp location over the Rose Bowl.

Its why the Rose Bowl will always be the grandaddy of them all and the only College Bowl game that still gets hype against the CFP. the magic and look of the sunset over the San Gabriel mountains will never be replicated in any stadium.
gettyimages-81875639-1024x1024.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also rule changes. Just can’t emphasise the magnitude of the ‘94 changes, such as...

-to ensure that defensive backs could not jam receivers more than five yards down the field

-giving offensive lineman the option of lining up with one foot behind the line of scrimmage

-emphasizing the roughing the passer rule, to deter defenders from hitting the quarterback after he released the ball

-adding radio transmitters to quarterbacks’ helmets so coaches could talk directly to their QBs.

QBs from pre this era had to put up with a shedload more.
Just about every rule change in the past 10 years has been to knee cap the D even more.

Some of the QB's from the 70's-late 90's would love to play today. same with the WR's.

Its weird that being a "Prowl Bowler" is mentioned more often in a players accolades than when they make the All Pro team.

Not to mention that players that weren't good enough to be Pro Bowlers become Pro Bowlers when a player decides not to go. EG Mitch Trubisky.

It's beyond ridiculous to me that people would judge anyone according to anything that happens this week. Especially the guys who've come off play off losses - there wouldn't be a single one of them who've thrown/run/caught a ball between being eliminated and turning up in Orlando.

It's beyond ridiculous to me that people would judge anyone according to anything that happens this week. Especially the guys who've come off play off losses - there wouldn't be a single one of them who've thrown/run/caught a ball between being eliminated and turning up in Orlando.

That's the point isn't it, it's just a giant wank

That's the point isn't it, it's just a giant wank

It's crazy to me that it still happens. It's entirely pointless, no one cares, and however minor the injury risk when you see how players set about contesting the game, you see non-contact injuries all the time.

In an Australian context, we can't get up a genuine SOO contest that people care about, are invested in, and will pay to watch, but the NFL persists with this bullshit. It's bonkers, and is such a poor relation to the All-Star weekends run by other American sports that can actually be entertaining.

EPN08WQWoAAl6f9

Back