List Mgmt. 19, Brodie or Clark

Who will rank top at the end of their 3rd year?

• Brodie

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Clark

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Johnson

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

No he won't, because blakely can't hand ball either. Dead set hospital hand pass 50% of the time.
Brodie is fantastic at getting the handball away and hitting the target. Great defensively too. Not quite sure how it will work when Fyfe is also available but interested to see how it works out.

Brodie is fantastic at getting the handball away and hitting the target. Great defensively too. Not quite sure how it will work when Fyfe is also available but interested to see how it works out.
Fyfe has always needed a defensive midfielder around him and no reason Brodie couldn’t play that role.

So we are jetisoning one of Serong, Brayshaw, Mundy, Switkowski and Erasmus so we can have a defensive mid for Fyfe?
Not sure we have to get rid of any of those players ( noting that Erasmus has already lost his spot). Fyfe has often had a defensive mid option so that he can hunt the ball. This is nothing new and I thought Brodie would be perfect as he is not clean by foot by is strong at the contest. It is more an slight adjustment to Brodie’s role as Fyfe will do a lot of what Brodie is currently doing when he comes back.

Not sure we have to get rid of any of those players ( noting that Erasmus has already lost his spot). Fyfe has often had a defensive mid option so that he can hunt the ball. This is nothing new and I thought Brodie would be perfect as he is not clean by foot by is strong at the contest. It is more an slight adjustment to Brodie’s role as Fyfe will do a lot of what Brodie is currently doing when he comes back.
My preference would be to use Fyfe in a different way and leave Brodie as the pure extractor, or to find a way of rotating them.

The expectations around him will rise next year, and then people will see his kicking skills are average.

next thing you know he will Blakely v2
Will go one of two ways - Blakely or Barlow. Barlow used his best attributes to be a clearance beast with his ability to get the pill out through quick hands.

Blakely showed a lot in his early years to be able to find space in conjestion but his never had the ability with the handball release. The speed of the game has quickened up and Blakely always seems to be under pressure and not able to find that space.

Brodie’s foot skills need to continue to be worked on and his fitness holds him back.

I think he is a solid addition to our midfield and like others I’m interested to see how he and our captain work in together.

brownlow brodie

you heard it here first folks
The expectations around him will rise next year, and then people will see his kicking skills are average.

next thing you know he will Blakely v2
Or he actually gets enough experience / game time under his belt like he should have… that it becomes one of his attributes?

I think it’s unfair to judge him when he’s such an unknown quantity 😉

Last edited:
I think Brodie's well in front and will likely stay that way, given his requirement to be in the middle where he's shown he can be more than just serviceable. Think its going to stay that way for Brodie. Clarke will always have a role and be handy, but I dont think he'll out shine Brodie. Johnson's a complete wildcard. We dont yet know what he's capable of at AFL level.

Think the only way Clark changes that view is if he turns into a winger.
Plays a role we have serious talent in and would need to seriously improve to even guarantee a b22 role down back.
On the wing he has potential to kick goals, run like he does and be a significant upgrade on the likes of Acres.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Think the only way Clark changes that view is if he turns into a winger.
Plays a role we have serious talent in and would need to seriously improve to even guarantee a b22 role down back.
On the wing he has potential to kick goals, run like he does and be a significant upgrade on the likes of Acres.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think he's a better kick than Acres but he shanks his fair share and is also fond of the long high kick. A quicker decision maker too, and just generally a quicker player. But so far I'm only seeing a marginally better player.

If we want significant difference makers I'd be looking to get Chapman and/or Young into the midfield mix and leave Clark in defence. Those guys have match winning potential.

Back