Senior 19. Corey Durdin

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Owies and Durdin might be competing for same spot at first.

Harry, Charlie and Jack as the taller forwards.
Jack Martin as the in between type. Honey and one of the others for the smaller forward roles.
Ideally McGovern can find some way to become a backman and have more impact.
I think there's potentially room for all three. Owies does more work on the lead and taking marks, whereas the other two do more work at the feet of the talls and are more dangerous at ground level. Honey has even been playing up the ground a bit more.

I think there's potentially room for all three. Owies does more work on the lead and taking marks, whereas the other two do more work at the feet of the talls and are more dangerous at ground level. Honey has even been playing up the ground a bit more.
I'd have no issue if they played both Owies and Durdin but they will need to make it worth it.
Even back it the heady days of our famed mosquito fleet, guys like Catoggio and Marcou in the same team generally did not happen and were essentially competing for same spot.
I think Catoggio eventually got pushed out because with midfielders like Sheldon, Ashman and Jimmy Buckley going forward and kicking goals a second pure small forward was a luxury so Marcou played and Vinnie traded to boost the engine room.
Catoggio essentially ended up being traded to the Demons as part of getting Greg Wells, a pure mid to Carlton.

Don't mind this at all, very talented player.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Very excited that oud Pick 25+ over the last 5 drafts have been TDK, Durdin, Carroll, Jesse Motlop. They each have the talent to be established best 22 players.

Last edited:
Must be such an honour to be given the jumper of a club and league legend the year after he hangs up the boots.

We haven't seen much of Durdin yet but there's a spot up forward for him if he has a good preseason. What little we saw last year was promising, doesn't get a lot of it but has a few tricks and hits the ball and the contest at pace which is a good sign.

Tell you what, he's taken his number and if he turns out to be half the footballer Eddie was he'll be a beauty who we'll love watching for many years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a smart footballer. Was very stiff to be penalised for the spoil on Ralphsmith especially given how much latitude was allowed on Curnow and H. Perfectly applied body pressure like he did the week before on Lever.

Watching the replay he does so many smart things and stays involved. Loved his goal in the last we he won the ball in the pocket scrubbed the kick inboard but followed it up to get the hand ball back from Owies and slot it while under pressure.

His set shots technique seems flawless and fills you with confidence he will slot them.

FO5Sd_CVQAE76kL

Really like the look of this guy. Seems to have good acceleration and clean hands. Also has shown already this year he will stay in a play, follow up multiple times. That tenacity was in his draft write-up, too, and seems to have translated to the bigs. It would be nice to see him have a 3-4 goals day out to really get his confidence going, but just the constant harrassment of opposition defenders and being in the right place under the big guns is all he needs to do to play his role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back