Past 19. Eddie Betts

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope this bloke has lots more than just club support as I fear he is carrying an unfair % of the burden that comes with these repulsive hate crimes.........

I was thinking the same thing while watching the interview.

There needs to be meaningful, no-nonsense and decisive actions by community, club and individuals to stomp out these abhorrent behaviors. Not just ‘thoughts and prayers’ and ‘support’. Real action.

I was somewhat reluctant to bring Eddie back, given his age and the prospect that he would play prob 1-2 years max.

But based off Geelong game, he's still good enough on field. Plus he is clearly organising and leading our forward line, which our emerging fwds need.

Plus it's so clear his personality is an asset to the team. And that he can add value to the club post-retirement in a coaching/mentoring/welfare capacity.

Basically, he's one of the really good guys. So good to have him back.

Legend of a bloke, legend of a player, universally loved within football.

The man has simply won at life.
Except that he gets abused simply for being born with his skin colour, which he had no choice over and cannot change.

Except that he gets abused simply for being born with his skin colour, which he had no choice over and cannot change.

The man is more classy, more respected than any bigot will ever be. It’s unfortunate the s**t he gets. We all love him and he knows that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the intensity Eddie and the new recruits bring. No surprise that Pitto hit it to Martin who cleared it towards Eddie to save the match.

All three hate losing a contest

Love the intensity Eddie and the new recruits bring. No surprise that Pitto hit it to Martin who cleared it towards Eddie to save the match.

All three hate losing a contest
Pitto's taps to advantage would make any midfielder's day. No disrespect to the others.

eddie 6 goals away from 300 at 2 clubs - only 2 other blokes in history have done it and hardly anyone has heard of them.........lockett & franklin...........
That is very, very impressive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back