Past #19: Josh Walker - drafted #23 '11 RD (GFC) - traded to BLFC end '15 - signed by NM as DFA end '19 - 54 NM gms/6 NM gls

GunSchwatta

Senior List
Feb 23, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Both were on the outer for some reason. We have got a Hawthorn has been (Birchall), several years older, who hasn't played for years as Josh's replacement.

Many fans over on the Lions were complaining about the treatment of both Cutler and Josh all last year.

I have taken out North memberships in the past and I will be looking at Josh and North all year.

You know Walker better than me but surely Birchall isn't his replacement?

Thanks though, great info. I was disappointed when we (North) got Walker but i'm not now.

With all due respect I would much rather Walker than Birchall but i guess that may play out differently.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’s no Scott Thompson, but for a delisted free agent I get the feeling he is going to be an excellent pick up.

He is accountable, has good closing speed, makes good decisions and is a solid contested/intercept mark.

If he remains injury free I think he’ll be keeping McKay and Durdin our of the side.

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He’s no Scott Thompson, but for a delisted free agent I get the feeling he is going to be an excellent pick up.

He is accountable, has good closing speed, makes good decisions and is a solid contested/intercept mark.

If he remains injury free I think he’ll be keeping McKay and Durdin our of the side.

4 intercept marks today, safe with the footy. Only cross against his name was the one contest he tried to take the grab instead of spoiling.

positive for sure

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf

He’s looked really solid so far. A really decent second KPD.

He's also someone we could swing forward later in the game to try and pinch a goal or two. It's a tactic we haven't seen for a long time, but with him and Maj we have two players capable of doing that, while Robbie stays back home.

Strange delisting , don't really understand it, he has enough to offer most teams you would think.
Brisbane getting ahead of themselves following a surprise top 4 finish. Overrating their list perhaps.

Strange delisting , don't really understand it, he has enough to offer most teams you would think.

Pretty much sums up the feedback I received from my Bears supporting cousins after we'd snared him. They were agog!

spurs

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
THFC, Claremont Tigers
He's also someone we could swing forward later in the game to try and pinch a goal or two. It's a tactic we haven't seen for a long time, but with him and Maj we have two players capable of doing that, while Robbie stays back home.
You could swing Taz forward too.

Back