Past #19: Josh Walker - drafted #23 '11 RD (GFC) - traded to BLFC end '15 - signed by NM as DFA end '19 - 54 NM gms/6 NM gls

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the best contested marks to pull on our jumper in the last 20 years. A bit shaky by foot, but he more than makes up for it.
Been a brilliant pick for us.
Yep it’s great to see a big bloke play for us with physical presence. The high ball favours us when we have blokes like this
You can’t move the guy he is so strong but also got a good tank

Becoming one of my fave players

Walker came in on a 1 year contract as a DFA. I doubt we saw him as the next Ross Glendinning.

He started the season on equal footing with Durdin. Out performed him and got the gig.

As far as McKay goes, did we even see him in the pre season? Looks as though he started the season behind Durdin and Walker and has now overtaken Sam.

Walker came in on a 1 year contract as a DFA. I doubt we saw him as the next Ross Glendinning.

He started the season on equal footing with Durdin. Out performed him and got the gig.

As far as McKay goes, did we even see him in the pre season? Looks as though he started the season behind Durdin and Walker and has now overtaken Sam.
Josh Walker and Ross Glendinning in the same sentence!!!!!!!

I dunno about Durds. He gives his all and is a great team man, but he's a pure negator who has been found out on the big KPF's.

McKay gives every impression that size doesn't bother him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw this on the crows board pisser.

This is the most forward entries we’ve had marked by someone called Walker all year.

I have no right to comment on other clubs with any authority. I may be wrong.

Taylor Walker being made Captain, is however one of the strangest appointments for such an important position from an AFL perspective in recent memory.

Taylor Walker being made Captain, is however one of the strangest appointments for such an important position from an AFL perspective in recent memory.
Taylor had comparisons to Carey early days. I think with the death of Walsh he was a guiding light for the playing group. That’s my recollection of the time.

He basically held the club together after Walsh's death. The end has come quick for him but he's been a very good leader.

Totally disagree.

Held the club together?

If anything the opposite.

He done very well as a leader post Phil Walsh’s passing in 2015. Within 18 months they were playing off in a grand final....he was integral in bringing Adelaide together during that period...

Don Pyke and Brett Burton obliterated all of that during that camp in 2018. That coincided with a drop in Walkers form.

I dunno about Durds. He gives his all and is a great team man, but he's a pure negator who has been found out on the big KPF's.

I’m inclined to look at the bright side of all of this. When we lost Scotty at the end of last season, I don’t think in our wildest dreams we reckoned we’d be so well served in defence this year. Durds is definitely at the back of the pack right now. However, he has already proven that he can step in and play a role if required. Basically, it seems we’ve replaced Scotty with Walker, McKay and Maj. That’s a pretty good deal in my book. Now, if we can just get our run and carry going... Today was a start.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Josh Walker and Ross Glendinning in the same sentence!!!!!!!
Ross Glenndinning an absolute legend both on and off the field. If Josh becomes half the footballer Ross was, he would be super happy as would I.

Hard to see Durdin around next year tbh. This was the year to seize an opportunity. McKay and Walker certainly have certainly seized theirs.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hard to see Durdin around next year tbh. This was the year to seize an opportunity. McKay and Walker certainly have certainly seized theirs.

It's hard for me to conclusively state that as he's a quality club man and team player, but I tend to agree.

I hope he's picked up if his time with us comes to an end. His home state club of Adelaide could certainly handle a hard working tall defender.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back