Past #19: Josh Walker - drafted #23 '11 RD (GFC) - traded to BLFC end '15 - signed by NM as DFA end '19 - 54 NM gms/6 NM gls

Remove this Banner Ad

Why wasn't Josh tried up forward against the Pies later in the game? The Collingwood forward talls were not a threat and we needed some body on body. You have to take risks to win games but moving Josh,or McKay to FF for the last quarter was an obvious move.

Why wasn't Josh tried up forward against the Pies later in the game? The Collingwood forward talls were not a threat and we needed some body on body. You have to take risks to win games but moving Josh,or McKay to FF for the last quarter was an obvious move.
because the aim is to develop a functioning forward line not adhock it to win games as we've done for 15 years. If we had to win that game to make finals then Walker might have been moved.

Still don't understand why Brisbane let him go.
In the Lions games I’ve seen this season they look a little vulnerable down back and an extra tall who is capable of taking a contested mark would be helpful. It seems like a surprising decision in hindsight.
But he has been very good for us and deserves the extension. Wouldn’t be surprised if he finishes near the pointy end of the Syd.

Congrats Josh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deep down I've really considered Josh a stop gap and depth player. I've been really pleased (and a little surprised) with his skill level and performance. I'm only now opening up to the fact he could be on the list for a while (for good reason of course). Also thought he was a bit older. Only 27y.o., nearly 4 years younger than taz. Good work Josh.

Did I hear correctly that he has taken the most contested marks out of all backman in league this year? If so, it is quite an achievement!!
Absolutely wrapped with his year so far. He should be top 6 in the BnF.
I would’ve given him an extra 2 years. Very reliable.

Really like this guy. Good result and well done to Josh and those who brought him to North.
I had the opportunity to have a brief chat to Josh during the first lockdown while he and Taz were training together at a place I shall not name but might have once been the home of *. I was having a very slow run at the same time and we crossed paths. A really nice bloke, as was Taz. I got the impression that he would fit in as a Shinboner. Glad to have him. Hope he continues to go well.

I'm thinking Josh should go forward in 2021 on the condition Majak stays and plays back and/or Corr arrives at Arden Street.

While Larkey is more collision than Brown, I think they could both benefit from a strong marking mobile beacon like Walker patrolling the half-forward line. He isn't a terrific user but would create a funneling point for forward entries.

He can also go deeper and shield Larkey and Brown from more brutal contact where required.

I'm thinking Josh should go forward in 2021 on the condition Majak stays and plays back and/or Corr arrives at Arden Street.

While Larkey is more collision than Brown, I think they could both benefit from a strong marking mobile beacon like Walker patrolling the half-forward line. He isn't a terrific user but would create a funneling point for forward entries.

He can also go deeper and shield Larkey and Brown from more brutal contact where required.

100% 👍KC.

Good call, but need a real buzzing type small forward to offset the 3 talls.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back