Past #19: Josh Walker - drafted #23 '11 RD (GFC) - traded to BLFC end '15 - signed by NM as DFA end '19 - 54 NM gms/6 NM gls

Remove this Banner Ad

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
He'll slot straight into our best 22 and be the draft of 2020.

Perfect for the backline intercept/sweeper role. Will likely end up by kicking a few goals too.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I thought he was playing really well for the Brions, was odd they delisted him and that nobody else contending chased him.

They are at a stage where they have to play their young blokes and it's probably the right thing to do to let a 27 year old go whilst he still has some currency on the market, and a chance to make more of a career.

He's a solid player, no worries about that.

What sort of contract have we given him? Two years?

They are at a stage where they have to play their young blokes and it's probably the right thing to do to let a 27 year old go whilst he still has some currency on the market, and a chance to make more of a career.

I dunno, they had zero injuries last year and went out in straight sets playing at home in the finals after having one of the softest draws of all time. You would think that perhaps you might have blown a lot of your luck in 2019, you might need a bit more maturity and depth if you want to get further. I think it will be a challenge for them to replicate this year's result.

I think he just signed a one year deal, will probably see how things go after 2020.

Pretty certain he said it’s just one year at present in his video interview

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Haha god forbid a professional sportsman has a bit of confidence in his ability! I like it, backing himself to win a spot

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

True. But there is a difference between arrogant and confident. He is talking like he is guaranteed to play in the AFL. You don't get de-listed from 2 clubs just "because"

He needs to prove to us that hes good enough to play not about to gift players game time just because we grabbed him in the off season. IMO the new north is going to be more brutal when it comes to the selections

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
True. But there is a difference between arrogant and confident. He is talking like he is guaranteed to play in the AFL. You don't get de-listed from 2 clubs just "because"

He needs to prove to us that hes good enough to play not about to gift players game time just because we grabbed him in the off season. IMO the new north is going to be more brutal when it comes to the selections
Wants the spot, convincing himself he can win it is not a problem. If only McKay had the same confidence. Do you want him to come along and say 'ive been delisted by 2 clubs, im a slim chance to play seniors.'

Do you think you may be reading just a touch too much into an interview held in december?

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Wants the spot, convincing himself he can win it is not a problem. If only McKay had the same confidence. Do you want him to come along and say 'ive been delisted by 2 clubs, im a slim chance to play seniors.'

Do you think you may be reading just a touch too much into an interview held in december?

Agree.

After the "well it'd be nice to win" debacle I'll take some neck on the line / put yourself out there confidence.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Good point. I just felt he came across very arrogant lol

I doubt he will play any AFL but i could be wrong!

None? I have much higher hopes for him, but could be wrong I suppose. I see him playing a fair bit given the holes in our backline. No Thompson, Majak fitness doubts - reckon his size and experience is just what we need. Will be interesting to see what happens.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne

If he doesnt play any seniors then the kids have stepped up which is ideal. Strong fit 27 year old pushing them for a spot is great, and its a welcome sight to see walker puff the chest out and say its his spot. Marking the territory, i like it a lot.

sbdan

Cancelled
Apr 26, 2005
FNQ
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rooboys
He got injured last year and then sort of got replaced by the ex footscray bloke, marcus adams i think. Marcus had a few hames where he was close to bog.

Josh was playing pretty consistant footy before that.

CBSlogger

Club Legend
Aug 2, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Absolute certainty to play IMO. Brissy may have jumped the gun by moving on a very solid defender close to his prime.
Great pick up for us with Scooter gone, Durdin and McKay a way off being a lock and Maj's return hopeful but unknown nonetheless.
Cheap as chips but I expect a similar payoff to Marley Williams on this one.

Absolute certainty to play IMO. Brissy may have jumped the gun by moving on a very solid defender close to his prime.
Great pick up for us with Scooter gone, Durdin and McKay a way off being a lock and Maj's return hopeful but unknown nonetheless.
Cheap as chips but I expect a similar payoff to Marley Williams on this one.

Not to mention we are 1-2 injuries, close to our yearly average in the backline , from total disaster.

Big 👍🏿

Last edited:

BigBadByron

Team Captain
Nov 28, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He would want to be better than Tippett who also had big wraps (but delisted everywhere) and was completely terrible.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back